Rocrail Arduino CAN-bus interface, MS2, Gleisbox GFP and S88

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Rocrail Arduino CAN-bus interface, MS2, Gleisbox GFP and

Postby torstenSch » 12.01.2017, 09:31

Hi Bert,

thanks for the update. Don't waste time on building it. I just tried to understand, if there is a way (to prevent making work twice).

Thanks for the support!

Best regards,

Torsten
torstenSch

Postby futurepush » 07.06.2017, 05:46

Hey Bert,
I started following all this by using the latest USB sketches and then now lately switched to the UDP/Ethernet versions (got me an Ethernet shield, seems way more reliable). Now I realize that those UDP versions don't have the S88 suppurt integrated (unlike the USB versions). Is there an easy way how I can merge some of those sketches? With which S88 to Ethernet sketch should I start? This forum thread is a little bit confusing by now (with 16 pages). Would appreciate some help. Thanks...
futurepush

Postby woodyboy » 07.06.2017, 19:42

It is not recommended to merge the sketches due to the timing of the different tasks and the limited dynamic memory of the Arduino. It is better to run the sketches on different boards either with a CAN or Ethernet interface. The latest Ethernet sketch (V25) is on page 5. The latest CAN version is far more recent V27a on page 11.
Regards,

Bert

Equipment: Roco WLANMaus, MS2, Gleisbox 2x(separated switch & rollingstock). Ubuntu 16. Edits booster. Arduino: S88 CANbus interface & Ethernet-CANbus gateway
woodyboy

Postby welli » 11.06.2017, 10:01

Dear Bert,

Since the last update of rocrail my MS2 did not start any more when I turn ON the power in rocrail.
Using the MS2 display I can turn ON/OFF the MS2 and it is also possible to turn OFF the MS2 by rocrail but ON dosn't work.
Could you please adivse if something changed?
I using the CAN_UDP_gwV26 skecht.

Best regards
Welli
welli

Postby woodyboy » 11.06.2017, 10:47

Hi Welli,

Last week there were some changes in the mgbox library but the intention was only for feedback modules :roll:. What is the behaviour with the MCS2 library?
Without a complete trace http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php%3Fid%3Drocrailini-trace-en, number of traces to 0 or 1 and with byte and info checked, I can't say anything about your problem.
Regards,

Bert

Equipment: Roco WLANMaus, MS2, Gleisbox 2x(separated switch & rollingstock). Ubuntu 16. Edits booster. Arduino: S88 CANbus interface & Ethernet-CANbus gateway
woodyboy

Postby welli » 11.06.2017, 18:39

Dear Bert,

Thanks for your quick reply.
Changed from mgbox to mcs2 , the change is ,once turn on the ms2 with the display I can turn it on/off with rocrail.
Please find in the attachment the trace file maybe you can find the any issue.

thanks in advance
Best regards
Welli
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
welli

Postby woodyboy » 11.06.2017, 19:54

Hi Welli,

In the trace I can't find any received packet handling. Can you upload a trace with the MGBOX interface with Byte and Info checked on. I think about a CAN bus error. Could you also take a look at the Arduino console port for any messages or errors?
Regards,

Bert

woodyboy

Postby welli » 12.06.2017, 19:24

Dear Bert,

Changed to mgbox got this message 20:21:09 CANbus device error, no MS2 / Gleisbox detected on interface: mgbox-1
Trace in the attachment.

If you could advise would be nice.

Best regards
Welli
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
welli

Postby woodyboy » 12.06.2017, 19:44

Hi Welli,

The trace is ok, but nothing is received from the gateway. There are no incoming packets. Check on the Arduino port for traffic handling. Other option could be the windows firewall. Is it possible to ping the gateway?
Regards,

Bert

woodyboy

Postby welli » 12.06.2017, 20:32

Dear Bert,

Thanks for your quick reply and support.

Found where the problem comes from , have an usb ethernet converter for the internet connection on the computer as 2nd LAN connection , after disconnetion of this controler all works well.

Wonder of the technic. :D

Sorry for the time spend.

Best regards
Welli
welli

Postby woodyboy » 12.06.2017, 21:20

With 2 ethernetcontrollers then it is necessary to configure routing on the pc if the interfaces are not teamed.
Glad that you have determined the problem.
Regards,

Bert

woodyboy

Previous

Return to DIY Hardware