Hello from Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

New users can introduce themself here
joergseiler

Hello from Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Post by joergseiler » 08.09.2019, 04:03

Hello,

My name is Joerg Seiler and hello from Canada!

I was an active modeller many years ago during the onset of DCC control in the late 70's and early 80's. As life would have it, careers and marriage put the hobby into a siding for many years and I became the dreaded armchair modeller. I've collected many a book on railways around the world and much technical literature on infrastructure and motive power to setup a formidable library that takes up a room in our house.

I have reached the age where retirement is in sight and so I look forward to starting an active modelling hobby once again. My last 15 years have been spent in the medical industry with products that make considerable use of CAN bus. So I was delighted to see that the NMRA had a standard for LCC and MERG actually has produced hardware using a CAN bus protocol. Being in electronics I got my feet wet again by assembling a DCC++ system. I have since ported this to a more capable platform and have started writing code to conform to the MERG cbus protocol.

In the last couple of months I have been able to get Rocrail to automatically run trains using my DIY system.

I have found Rocrail's documentation to be second to none both from a users and a developers point of view. I look forward to finding answers to some of the finer points of working with Rocrail.

:rr_for_ever:

hermannk

Re: Hello from Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Post by hermannk » 08.09.2019, 09:50

Hi Joerg,
welcome to Rocrail - have fun.
Regards
Hermann

smitt48

Re: Hello from Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Post by smitt48 » 08.09.2019, 15:43

Hi Joerg,

Welcome by RR. By questions about your layout, please provide your files with: https://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=issue-en

Tom

Return to “Introduction”