[Solved] Rocrail with PR3

Moderator: Moderators

[Solved] Rocrail with PR3

Postby tmo » 21.08.2012, 15:13

I have a windows 7 setup using Digitrax PR3 and DSC51 and I am having problems connecting to them with RocRail. I am using the PR3 and DSC50 settings in RocRail but not getting anywhere. Has anyone successfully implemented this and if so could you share that with the group.

I understand that another software package had a similar problem and had to make changes to accommodate the DSC51. I have tried that software and works fine but would rather use RocRail.

Thanks for any help.
tmo

Postby rjversluis » 21.08.2012, 16:18

Just post your rocrail.ini and rocrail.*.trc as zip file.

or

search for pr3
http://forum.rocrail.net/search.php
Best Regards, Rob.
:!: PS: Do not forget to attach the usual files.
:!: PS: Nicht vergessen die übliche Dateien an zu hängen.
[ macOS - Linux] - [ N: CBus - CAN-GCA ] - [ 0: RocNetNode - GCA-Pi ]
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby tmo » 22.08.2012, 15:59

Thanks for the tip and problem resolved, had to un-check the CTS option.
tmo

info please

Postby mingsf » 28.06.2013, 19:15

Hi, I have the same exact problem and unchecking CTS did not help. My setup is working as expected with JMRI (throttle drives train) so I feel the hardware is connected correctly. Can anyone post the setup instruction/solution for a Rocrail+DCS51+PR3 configuration?

Thank you!

Error Details:
CTS has timed out: please check the wiring.
CTS has timed out: please check the wiring.
could not send the packet!
Error on mutex trywait.
Error on mutex trywait.
Error on mutex trywait.
Error on mutex trywait.
timeout on mutex.
Could not get slot for loco addr=3. (no response...)
mingsf

Postby rjversluis » 29.06.2013, 11:12

English:
2) If you are asking for support for Rocrail functionallity, auto mode, switches, signals ... you have to post your rocrail.ini plan file and the trace file. No one can help you if you don't provide this informations.
Best Regards, Rob.
:!: PS: Do not forget to attach the usual files.
:!: PS: Nicht vergessen die übliche Dateien an zu hängen.
[ macOS - Linux] - [ N: CBus - CAN-GCA ] - [ 0: RocNetNode - GCA-Pi ]
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby mingsf » 01.07.2013, 22:07

Hi thanks. I have collected and uploaded several trace and ini files as well as the track plans. However, I'm just trying to get Rocrail to work with Digitrax PS3 and DCS 51. Really have not been able to find any detailed documentation. Please help.

Thank you.
Ming
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mingsf

Postby Pirat-Kapitan » 01.07.2013, 22:59

Hi Ming,
You use a virtual CS first and a loconet PR3 CS as second CS.
Normaly, Rocrail only connects to the first CS, so please delete the virtual cs.

Best Regards
Johannes
Clearasilfahrer auf Spur G&H0m, Lenz LZV (3.6), ORD-20, Manhart-Funki und WLM, RS-Bus Rückmelder (Reedkontakte/GBM),
Rocrail auf RasPi mit mobilen Geräten (andRoc). Details auf http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=use ... at-kapitan.
Pirat-Kapitan

Postby mingsf » 02.07.2013, 02:57

Fantastic, that worked!
mingsf

Return to Loconet