Can't get sensors working

Moderator: Moderators

Postby cwichmann » 13.09.2009, 13:36

Hi,

the wiki says: "and the number of 16 input S88 units in the sensors field."

So i guess that must be a 1 for 16 sensors, a 2 for 32 sensors and so on.
cwichmann

Postby TRUKO » 13.09.2009, 17:26

Hi Christian,

I got the same problem with a brand new test layout, only Sensor B2-All is functioning in virtual modus.

Using snapshot 776

See attached files.

Thanks for helping,
Kind regards,
Rutger
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TRUKO

Postby cwichmann » 13.09.2009, 20:35

Hi Dick,

please provide trace file, rocrail.ini and plan file to let us take a look into them.

@Rutger: No, i don't think that you have got the same problem. All your sensors own the address 0.
cwichmann

Postby TRUKO » 14.09.2009, 15:26

cwichmann wrote:,

@Rutger: No, i don't think that you have got the same problem. All your sensors own the address 0.

Hi Christian,

Oeps..... :oops: ...sorry my fault, I overlooked that.

It's working now.
Thanks,
Regards,
Rutger
TRUKO

Postby ron&bram » 14.09.2009, 15:42

Hi Dick,

Remember that loc and swithc control is one way traffic, from the pc to the cs2. The sensors are two way traffic, Rocrail asks for the sensor status and the cs2 responds by sending the sensor states. When you have proper two communication every command the cs2 performs is broadcasted and you should see many many mcs2read lines, followed by a line of hexadecimal numbers.
Most users of a cs2 that have had proeblems with the sensors did not have the right broadcast address in the cs2. For example, when the IP address of you cs2 is 192.168.1.10, the broadcast address must be set to 192.168.1.255 (and nothing else).

Best regards, Ronald
Best regards, Viele Grüsse, vriendelijke groeten, Ronald :rr_cap:
GCA85/50/93/145/146/153 Loconet, Twincenter+booster for locs, seperate booster for accessory decoders, dedicated laptop with XP and Ubuntu for Rocrail, AndRoc, LGB indoor OTF layout
ron&bram

Postby ron&bram » 14.09.2009, 18:45

Hi Dick,

I would advise to put the rocrail.trace.000 up to rocrail.trace.009 files into one zip file and post that zip file. One word about trace files, Rocrail cycles through the numbers 000 to 009 (with default settings). This means that the latets trace file if not neccessarely the file with the highest number, you must keep an eye on the time/date stamp of the trace files.

If the cs2 is really broadcasting its messages, you should see something like the attached screenshot on the Rocrail (not in Rocview) window.

Best regards, Ronald

P.S.
I do not have a cs2, but having worked on the cs2 suppport I made some sort of cs2 simulator.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GCA85/50/93/145/146/153 Loconet, Twincenter+booster for locs, seperate booster for accessory decoders, dedicated laptop with XP and Ubuntu for Rocrail, AndRoc, LGB indoor OTF layout
ron&bram

Postby cwichmann » 14.09.2009, 19:47

Hi Ronald,

is it possible to send me your CS2 simulator?

cu in Venlo :-)
cwichmann

Postby cwichmann » 14.09.2009, 20:31

Hi Dick,

the locos and switches worked but the feedbacks not with a faulty subnet mask?
cwichmann

Postby ron&bram » 14.09.2009, 20:53

Way to go Dirk, you are the (I lost count) user that gets the cs2 going with Rocrail.

@ Christian,
With a faulty subnet mask you can have the cs2 ip address accessible (so commands can go from Rocrail to the cs2), but block the broadcast address (so Rocrail does not hear anything from the cs2).

The cs2 simulator is a program called hercules, running on a second pc in the network, which can be used to monitor serial, tcp and udp communication. It has an option to preset 3 messages (text or hex) that can be send with function keys f1-f3. With hercules I could monitor the commands the cs2 library sends and send responses back such as the feedback states. It was freeware (windows, sorry) that I picked from the web. I can send you a copy if you like, but is only a program that can send predefined messages (in this case the cs2 response to a feedback poll). Nothing fancy at all.

Best regards, Ronald
ron&bram

Postby cwichmann » 14.09.2009, 23:31

Hi Ron,

thanks, i know about subneting but i allready thought that CS2 doesn't work without a bidirectional communikation.
What i learned is that CS2 uses unidirectinal communication for mobile and stationary decoders from the pc to CS2 and unidirectional communication for feedbacks from CS2 to PC.
cwichmann

Return to ECoS - Marklin CS1