[closed] addressing Ecos detector extension outputs

Moderator: Moderators

[closed] addressing Ecos detector extension outputs

Postby Pascal0351 » 03.06.2016, 08:43

Hello

I am new to this forum and a new (potential) Rocrail user. I have an issue that I could not solve, and for which I would appreciate some support.

As a matter of fact, I am testing Rocrail with a very simple test layout made of one loop, one switch, one signal light, 4 detection tracks dividing the loop into 4 sections. I am using 3 rails Märklin tracks. I have setup Rocrail on a Windows based PC, connected via a cross-linked Ethernet cable with an ECOS 50000 station (software v4.1.0). I am using an ECOS switch module (for the switch), an ECOSdetector standard (for the four detection tracks) and an ECOSdetector extension to which are connected the two leds of my signal light.

The issue I have is that I could not figure out what address to use to command the outputs of the ECOS detector extension. As you certainly know, the ECOSdetector extension is plugged into the ECOS detector standard which is connected to the central station through the so-called ECoSlink. It differs from the switch module in the sense that it is not connected to the track signal. And so, I made it to command the switch but not to command the signal light. Help is welcome.

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Best regards

Pascal
Last edited by Pascal0351 on 06.06.2016, 17:36, edited 1 time in total.
Pascal0351

Re: addressing Ecos detector extension outputs

Postby rjversluis » 03.06.2016, 10:14

Hi Pascal,

how is it addressed with other software?
Best Regards, Rob.
:!: PS: Do not forget to attach the usual files.
:!: PS: Nicht vergessen die übliche Dateien an zu hängen.
[ macOS - Linux] - [ N: CBus - CAN-GCA ] - [ 0: RocNetNode - GCA-Pi ]
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby smitt48 » 03.06.2016, 16:27

Hi Pascal,

Why don't you add your data to the forum, so we can see how you have created this.

http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=issue-en

Rocrail uses signals automatically/manually in routes. Therefor I don't think you need the extension, but I could be wrong.
I have an ECoS2, but use no ESU detectors.

Tom
Kind regards,
Tom Smit
Kralendijk, Bonaire - Dutch Caribbean

Märklin M & K-rails with ECoS2 (4.2.0) - WinXP as server, 10
RoSoft: S88n & WDD switch & SDD signal decoders
Display: Tri-ang from 1950's, Märklin from early 1960's
In build phase
smitt48

Postby Pascal0351 » 03.06.2016, 19:30

Hello,
I attach the Zipfile to this message.
I do not know how other softwares do it because Rocrail is the first software I test, and I just recently bought my second-hand ECOS 50000 and the modules.
If we consider the Ecosdetector 50096 and its extension 50095 as a standalone I/O module, connected to the ECOS station through the ECOSlink, then:
- I can monitor the inputs from the station, and from Rocrail. Typically the message you get on the Rocrail server when there is an input transient:
20160603.194623.105 r9999I tid0x02B OECoS 2120 sensor module 200: news state=[0x0002], old state=[0x0000]
20160603.194623.105 r9999I tid0x02B OECoS 0377 s88 sensor event addr=1602 state=on port=1 mask=2 news88=2 (new=2, old=0)
Please note however that I am not using any s88 module, and that there is nothing connected to the station s88 I/F.
- I can command the output ports from the station (so the ECOSlinks works fine in both directions), but I do not know how to command them from Rocview.
Best regards
Pascal
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pascal0351

Postby smitt48 » 03.06.2016, 20:13

Hi Pascal,

You need to assign your sensors to a block. in the plan I did that, for example:block 4, sensor: porte 1, event "enter2in".
The blocks have a + and a - side, so you have to do that twice.
Then you run the analyser to create routes from block to block.
Restart Rocrail and now you can run trains!

We will let Rob worry about the extension problem. :mrgreen:

Tom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kind regards,
Tom Smit

In build phase
smitt48

Postby Pascal0351 » 03.06.2016, 21:54

Hi Tom

I was precisely reading the manual for the automatic mode and realizing that I had to do precisely what you describe. I'll do that from scratch to-morrow because it is getting late on this side of the Atlantic.

Pascal
Pascal0351

Postby Pascal0351 » 06.06.2016, 17:28

Hello Rob, hello Tom
The issue I raised is not a real one.
From the Ecos touch screen interface, you can define an accessory ( e.g. A two states light signal) with a DCC address. You then associate two outputs of the ECOS detector extension to this accessory to reflect its state (one for the red led, one for the green led).
Then in Rocview, you also define a signal of the same kind as the one defined in the ECOS, and with the same DCC address.
It works perfectly.
Thanks Tom for your plan. It got me started. I could make a simple loop with 4 blocks and run two locomotives simultaneously in automatic mode. That gave me a hint of how powerful Rocrail can be.
Best regards

Pascal
Pascal0351

Re: [closed] addressing Ecos detector extension outputs

Postby smitt48 » 06.06.2016, 18:05

Hi Pascal,

I added your detector extension explanation to the ECoS wiki.

http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=eco ... on_outputs

Thanks for your input, Tom
Kind regards,
Tom Smit

In build phase
smitt48

Return to ECoS - Marklin CS1