Anyone played with the new ECoS 50200 ?

Moderator: Moderators

Anyone played with the new ECoS 50200 ?

Postby Ol_Nick » 13.09.2010, 14:03

I've got one on back order (not available in the UK yet !). Anyone played with one, or (even better) got one ? It certainly looks good !
Ol_Nick

Postby rjversluis » 14.09.2010, 07:32

Hi Nick,

seems too expensive to play with. ;-)
Best Regards, Rob.
:!: PS: Do not forget to attach the usual files.
:!: PS: Nicht vergessen die übliche Dateien an zu hängen.
[ macOS - Linux] - [ N: CBus - CAN-GCA ] - [ 0: RocNetNode - GCA-Pi ]
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby Ol_Nick » 12.01.2011, 12:48

Well, the new Ecos arrived just before Christmas, and I can't say that I'm impressed :(

The first time I had time to play with it, it didn't work properly at all, and I discovered that they had despatched it with very early firmware, which was really buggy. ESU don't have firmware for the 502000 on their website which is accessable to the unregistered, so I had to wait until after the weekend before I could gain access to the new firmware.

The new firmware works better, but so far I've had to restart the Ecos 'from scratch' twice since I've had it, which wipes off all the programming. I've also got issues with the screen jittering and blanking out, which I'm not sure is down to hardware or firmware yet.

Unfortunately I've had some nasty health issues since the start of November, which has meant that I've not really had much inclination to work with my layout, but I'm gradually 'on the mend' :)
Ol_Nick

Postby Ol_Nick » 18.01.2011, 15:47

Well, it seems that the jittering screen and the screen blanking is a hardware issue, so the Ecos has gone back to ESU for repair.

Thank goodness I didn't sell my Hornby Elite :)
Ol_Nick

Postby Ol_Nick » 19.02.2011, 11:25

Well, a month has passed, and I still don't have my Ecos 50200 back ! :cry:

Seems that ESU have been at the Nuremberg exhibition for two weeks, and haven't been doing any repairs.

Very poor customer service ! So, still using the Hornby controller.
Ol_Nick

Postby dntower85 » 22.04.2011, 17:43

I've got a new 50200, I also had to send the first one I got back because it had a bad s88 buss and did not detect any feedback at all. It also would say that there was a short in the external booster with no booster attached.
I was fortunate that the US service center sent me a replacement.

I like the new unit, but you still have to do an update to the firmware, to get the feed back features to work. So far I like the ECoS very much

Last night I downloaded Rocrail and connected it to Ecos seems to work well.
The only problem I had was I that I renamed a Loco's ID or name on the ECoS to make it more accurate and match what I had just entered in Rocrail.
Even though the ID's matched Rocrail could not drive the loco. After messing with it for about an hour I rebooted the ECoS and restarted Rocrail and it made the connection to the loc.
dntower85

Postby dntower85 » 21.12.2011, 02:56

dntower85 wrote:I've got a new 50200, I also had to send the first one I got back because it had a bad s88 buss and did not detect any feedback at all. It also would say that there was a short in the external booster with no booster attached.
I was fortunate that the US service center sent me a replacement.

I like the new unit, but you still have to do an update to the firmware, to get the feed back features to work. So far I like the ECoS very much

Last night I downloaded Rocrail and connected it to Ecos seems to work well.
The only problem I had was I that I renamed a Loco's ID or name on the ECoS to make it more accurate and match what I had just entered in Rocrail.
Even though the ID's matched Rocrail could not drive the loco. After messing with it for about an hour I rebooted the ECoS and restarted Rocrail and it made the connection to the loc.

After working for 6 months, Now have the problem again and cant get it work at all now.
dntower85

Return to ECoS - Marklin CS1