[Solved] Setting the switch time for Rocrail + CS2

Moderator: Moderators

[Solved] Setting the switch time for Rocrail + CS2

Postby A Lopes » 20.06.2012, 21:58

Hi everyone,

I have a Marklin system, with CS2 and Rocrail. Everything is working just fine except for a a problem in setting up the operating time for the switches. I've set up the time in CS2 for 200 ms and also in two of the switches I need to control (y18 and y19), unfortunatelly it doesn't work as expected, the operating time is still about one second (I guess this is the Rocrail default). Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but due to a malfunction of the switch motors (someone familar with the 74490s from Marklin probably already experienced the same problem...) I had to shunt the microswitches that cut the voltage signal. This means that essential I'm controlling two coils directly, therefore energising them for about one second is not that good idea, unless I need to heat the layout room... :shock:
Anyway, I would like to know if someone could help me to solve this issue. I'm sending the files I believe to be necessary for an analysis :roll: , but if you need more info, please let me know.

Many thanks in advance :D .

Kind regards,

António
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A Lopes

Postby maggi » 02.07.2012, 20:17

Hello Antonio

Sorry I don't have CS2 and coils but I use in Rocrail properties, automatic "switch time ms" 250 for my servos and "route switch time" 800 that switches will work after each other. Also to avoid switching all at the same time.
Maybe you can try this as you use only 10 for "route switch time" right now.
Grüsse, Hans Peter
H0, 2L=, Tillig & Servo mit SAnD via Roco10764 mit DDX, DSD2010 & SMS88N von Digital-bahn.de, Multimouse, Booster2, OpenDCC, Rocrail Win7
maggi

Postby A Lopes » 03.07.2012, 09:34

Dear Hans,

Thanks for that hint, I'll try it later on.

Best wishes,

António
A Lopes

Postby A Lopes » 04.07.2012, 19:47

Hi,
It's me again. I've tried the hint from Hans Peter (user Maggi) and unfortunatelly it didn't work. I guess because my problem has nothing to do with automatic operation. I just want to control the switches manually, the problem is that I set in Rocview the switch operating time for 200 or 250 ms, which is the same as the switch is programed to do in CS2, and the impulse that actually reaches the switch is about 1 s, which I think is the default of Rocrail.
Since, as I said before, I've removed the microswicthes of the switch motor, this means that the coils start to fry and probably in no time I'll have to change them, which is not exactly cheap.
So I'll appreciate any help that comes along. Maybe one of the RR developers is willing to throw in some options...

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

António
A Lopes

Postby rjversluis » 04.07.2012, 20:17

Hi António,

As far as I can see the MCS2 protocol does not support individual switch timing so you must configure it in the MCS2.
Best Regards, Rob.
:!: PS: Do not forget to attach the usual files.
:!: PS: Nicht vergessen die übliche Dateien an zu hängen.
[ macOS - Linux] - [ N: CBus - CAN-GCA ] - [ 0: RocNetNode - GCA-Pi ]
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby A Lopes » 05.07.2012, 08:41

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your reply.
Well, I did change in MCS2 the impulse time for each switch, in fact it was already set before using RR, but it still does not work.
Is there a default impulse duration in RR that could be changed? I mean in the code, or is that too much to ask?

Thanks again.

KR,

António
A Lopes

Postby Besra » 05.07.2012, 09:20

Hi there,

António wrote:Is there a default impulse duration in RR that could be changed?

No, as far as I know there isn't. The 1 second you observed is exactly what Marklin describes as the default value of the CS2.
António, you mentioned you set the timer for each individual switch in the CS2. Does the CS2 offer an additional global timer for the switch time? If so, you may have to use this timer.

@ Rob: There seems to be a way to set a timer via software. This is something for you of course because I can't understand it in total. Anyway, you may have a look at the CAN protocol version 2.0 documentation available from the Rocrail CS2 wiki page. Sections 2.7 and 4.0 refer to the switch time

Best regards
Besra
Maerklin H0, DCC and MM, Intellibox (I) via ULNI, Booster Tams B4, Throttle Digitrax UT4, LocoNet.
Loco decoders: Zimo, Uhlenbrock, Maerklin & ESU.
Rocweb, Win10 32bit & 64bit
Besra

Postby rjversluis » 05.07.2012, 09:38

Hi Bernd and António,

I added this switch time option in revision 3673.
Should work for both protocol versions.
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby A Lopes » 05.07.2012, 10:02

Dear Rob

Ok, that's great, thanks I'll try it out, because the version I have installed is 3641. By the way, and sorry for being such a pain in the neck, how do I update from 3641 to 3673? Do I have to download and replace all the files changed from 3641 up to 3673? or is there any "setup" file with the latest version? I didn't find it in the RR site, only the files, maybe I'm looking in the wrong direction...
Thanks,

António
A Lopes

Postby Besra » 05.07.2012, 10:03

Hi Rob,

like a lightning again 8) :goodjob:

Best regards
Besra
Maerklin H0, DCC and MM, Intellibox (I) via ULNI, Booster Tams B4, Throttle Digitrax UT4, LocoNet.
Loco decoders: Zimo, Uhlenbrock, Maerklin & ESU.
Rocweb, Win10 32bit & 64bit
Besra

Postby A Lopes » 05.07.2012, 10:21

Hi Rob and Besra,

I managed to download the 3671 revision, I guess I just have to add/replace the two new file versions for mcs2.c and rocdigs.xml, right?

KR,

António
A Lopes

Postby A Lopes » 05.07.2012, 17:42

Dear Rob,

I'm sorry to insist on this, but I've downloaded the latest "setup" version for RR, 3671, the files from 3671 to 3672 and from this to the 3673. I've also downloaded the "diff" and "tarball" files but to be honest I don't know how to upgrade the versions up to 3673. Is there any tutorial for it? You see my programming knowledge goes back to the college days when I was learning the rudiments of "C" and nowadays I'm saddly limited to VBA simple applications...

Kind regards,

António
A Lopes

Postby rjversluis » 05.07.2012, 18:40

Hi António,

just wait until the next nightly build had run.

http://rocrail.saturnus.it/
http://rocrail.net/software/rocrail-snapshot/

If you want to build it yourself:
http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=develop-corner-en
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby A Lopes » 06.07.2012, 19:42

Dear Rob,

I'm in front of the layout and the sound of the switch motors operating is just great :D , no more frying up the coils... It's working now, thanks a lot for your time and care.

Best wishes and have a nice WE,

António

P.S. I've used the built version, I'm not far into RR to try to build it myself :?
A Lopes

Return to ECoS - Marklin CS1