Testing against old ECoS and CS1 Firmware ?

Moderator: Moderators

Postby rjversluis » 18.05.2009, 20:39

Hi Joern,

Onno also has an ECoS and reports similar problems when using 3.0.0. The older version was for switching better.
He suggest to try 3.0.1.
Best Regards, Rob.
:!: PS: Do not forget to attach the usual files.
:!: PS: Nicht vergessen die übliche Dateien an zu hängen.
[ macOS - Linux] - [ N: CBus - CAN-GCA ] - [ 0: RocNetNode - GCA-Pi ]
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby Lichtleiter » 18.05.2009, 23:24

Hi Rob,

Onno is right, the older versions are slightly better. I suspect the higher cpu comsumption of 3.0.0 to drive more into the problem. ESU has also officially stated, that they didn't find the bug and 3.0.1 has no fix for it. Instead bug fixing they will solve the problem with the 3.2.X redesign, which will be made for the ECoS-Detect later in this year.

greets, Joern
Lichtleiter

Postby Lichtleiter » 22.05.2009, 17:18

Hi all,

...have added some bidirectional communication between ECoS and rocrail for locos and switches to branch:

https://launchpad.net/~jbardewyck/rocrail/ecos-railcom

greet, Joern
Lichtleiter

Postby rjversluis » 22.05.2009, 20:11

Hi Joern,

is ecos.c ready to merge in the trunk?
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby Lichtleiter » 23.05.2009, 05:45

Hi Rob,

rjversluis wrote:Hi Joern,

is ecos.c ready to merge in the trunk?

no, sorry, ecos.c needs some more changes in the other modules to work properly. E.g. for bidirectional communication the provision of the loco-information from the ECoS is by "name" and not by "address" keyed and the trunk model.c modue wil not remap the node properly. Or the provision of the loco functions is done per single function and the event handler in loco.c has to resolve the function-information function wise (resolving fnchanged parameter in node). Some modules for bidi are the same modues that I have touched for the switch command retransmission.

I understand your decission, that you would prevent the rocrail trunk from stupid "switch retry" code for only one bugy command station, but because rocrail trunk is not working with my layout, I think that it is the best way that I stay with my development with this branch, as long as the ECoS has the "missing switch command bug".

When ESU has made and confirmed the bugfix in the future and everything is working fine (without switch retrys) with my layout, I'll search for the relevant lines and drop them in my branch. After this, we can do a complete merge. Unless from this long term way, everybody can feel free and use any part of the branched code to merge in his version or in the trunk, but unfortunately I cannot help with this procedure because I cannot test it (because it doesn't work on my layout)

greets, Joern
Lichtleiter

Postby pellsiepen » 16.10.2012, 17:28

Hi Joern & Rob,

Although this thread is 3 years old the topic itself is still interesting. I am now starting to integrate RocRail with my ESU ECoS II. As I have all my turnouts connected to ESU SwitchPilot with RailCom feedback enabled this thread is highly relevant for me. As of now the feedback works fine on the ECoS but I did not yet succeed to convince RocRail to take the feedback into account when displaying the turnout state (e.g. in the track plan).

- Did you finally succeed in integrating the ESU SwitchPilot with its RailCom feedback into RocRail?
- Has this been merged into the trunk at some stage?
- If so, can you let me know how to configure this in RocRail?

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Peter

PS: Please let me know in case that things still need to be done on the code. I am willing to help - as a software engineer C/C++ is my daily work, so if you only have a patch or similar this would be fine as well.
pellsiepen

Postby rjversluis » 16.10.2012, 17:35

Hi Peter,

a quick look in the source tells me its merged.
You should see line like:
Code: Select all
"railcom event: port=%d, addr=%d, dir=%d"

in the server trace.

I don't know how to activate it on the Ecos system, but its for sure explained in the manual.
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Previous

Return to ECoS - Marklin CS1