[Solved] Cannot set direction in manual control

Re: Cannot set direction in manual control

Postby rjversluis » 31.01.2017, 17:11

Hi Tim&Tom,

20170131.104102.253 r9999I cmdr2EE1 OControl 0482 issue: No reverse with zero speed

this is the text you entered as subject of the issue...
Best Regards, Rob.
[ macOS - Linux] - [ N: CBus - CAN-GCA ] - [ 0: RocNetNode - GCA-Pi ]
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby Bramshot » 31.01.2017, 18:17

Hi Rob

Ah, yes, then it would be relevant! :lol:

Any idea what may be going on? I suspect they have modified the USB protocol, but no luck as yet getting hold of up to date protocol from Bachmann.

Regards

Tim
Mac Mini running Rocrail 11947 on Sierra, Bachmann Dynamis Ultima control system, manual control of locos and points under construction via Rocrail.
Bramshot

Postby smitt48 » 31.01.2017, 18:48

Hi Rob,

his is the text you entered as subject of the issue...
:oops:

Sorry, did not think about that! To me it was just an entry in the trace!

Tom
Kind regards,
Tom Smit
Kralendijk, Bonaire - Dutch Caribbean

Märklin M & K-rails with ECoS2 (4.1.4) - WinXP as server, 10
RoSoft: S88n & WDD switch & SDD signal decoders
Display: Tri-ang from 1950's, Märklin from early 1960's
In build phase
smitt48

My first update on Mac, did I do it right?

Postby Bramshot » 03.02.2017, 12:05

Replace old Rocrail with new in applications folder as offered by OS.

Deleted the old user/Rocrail folder

Started Rocrail, opened my workspace as generated by previous version.

Copied loco images to user/Rocrail/images

All settings seem to have been copied to new version, communication with controller established.

Direction control issue sadly not resolved :cry:

Regards, Tim
Mac Mini running Rocrail 11947 on Sierra, Bachmann Dynamis Ultima control system, manual control of locos and points under construction via Rocrail.
Bramshot

Re: My first update on Mac, did I do it right?

Postby rjversluis » 04.02.2017, 14:56

Bramshot wrote:Direction control issue sadly not resolved :cry:

there was no fix for that because there is no known work around and no info from ESU.
Best Regards, Rob.
[ macOS - Linux] - [ N: CBus - CAN-GCA ] - [ 0: RocNetNode - GCA-Pi ]
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby Bramshot » 05.02.2017, 11:31

Hi Rob

I think you have to go to Bachmann for the info now. The Dynamis upgraded from Navigator and maybe has some differences, though ESU are probably still responsible for the tech development they are probably under some sort of contract to Bachmann regarding customer info provision. There must be some info available from Bachmann, else how can anyone make software that would be compatible, but I have not been able to find it, or get them to let me have it. Of course they now have their own software product that they are pushing ( only for PC) so that may have something to do with it!

I contacted them and they said they had tried Dynamis with Rocrail and could not reproduce the effect, though from their description, I am not sure if they had fully understood what my problem is.

I did ask them what version / platform they were using, but no reply to that! They only seem to answer when it suits them!

Do you know why my 'solution' filling in the loco address in the second box works? By sidestepping something maybe?

Regards

Tim
Bramshot

Re: [Solved] Cannot set direction in manual control

Postby Bramshot » 17.02.2017, 12:12

Solved via software / Basic Topics forum
Bramshot

Previous

Return to General