Moving & Rotating modules in Rocview

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Moving & Rotating modules in Rocgui

Postby smitt48 » 14.09.2015, 18:08

Hi Gerardo,

Welcome to Rocrail!.

Please attach your module plan(s) and your rocrailini file, that way people can visualize your plans and better help you.

Thanks Tom
Kind regards,
Tom Smit
Kralendijk, Bonaire - Dutch Caribbean

Märklin M & K-rails with ECoS2 (4.1.4) - WinXP as server, 10
RoSoft: S88n & WDD switch & SDD signal decoders
Display: Tri-ang from 1950's, Märklin from early 1960's
In design phase
smitt48

Postby rjversluis » 15.09.2015, 06:12

Hi Gerardo,
ElMatao wrote:If I turn the module 180º in RockGUI, the turntable with it's three tracks not. I think it's a sthetic problem, as my turntable is not DCC controlled (it has a decoder and act as a loco :) but the tracks are not indexed)

I just fixed that in revision 9841.

Its not possible to connect a third track on the west side with another module, but you could bent the track to the south side of the module.
See: http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=pla ... en#rocrail

BTW: There is no program by the name of "RockGUI" but the main Rocrail clients is called: "Rocview". (You are posting in a thread which starts 9 years ago...)
Best Regards, Rob.
[ macOS - Linux] - [ N: CBus - CAN-GCA ] - [ 0: RocNetNode - GCA-Pi ]
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby ElMatao » 15.09.2015, 09:01

rjversluis wrote:Hi Gerardo,
ElMatao wrote:If I turn the module 180º in RockGUI, the turntable with it's three tracks not. I think it's a sthetic problem, as my turntable is not DCC controlled (it has a decoder and act as a loco :) but the tracks are not indexed)

Thank you a lot :beer:
rjversluis wrote:Its not possible to connect a third track on the west side with another module, but you could bent the track to the south side of the module.
See: http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=pla ... en#rocrail
Ok, I'll try ... perhaps with a small module (1x1) with only an curved track north to west
rjversluis wrote:BTW: There is no program by the name of "RockGUI" but the main Rocrail clients is called: "Rocview". (You are posting in a thread which starts 9 years ago...)

And still alive!! :mrgreen:
Sorry by my mistake.

smitt48 wrote:Hi Gerardo,
Welcome to Rocrail!.
Please attach your module plan(s) and your rocrailini file, that way people can visualize your plans and better help you.

Thanks Tom.
Rob just answered my questions.

Yours
Gerardo.
ElMatao

Re: Moving & Rotating modules in Rocview

Postby smitt48 » 15.09.2015, 18:59

Hi Gerardo,

Rob just answered my questions.

You are right, but I would want to bet Rob is one of only few that knew what you were talking about. :beer:

Most of us would need to see the plan not just the XML.

Tom

Ps. Rob any chance you can close your 2008 post! :mrgreen:
Kind regards,
Tom Smit

In design phase
smitt48

Postby ElMatao » 16.09.2015, 10:28

Hi Tom.
Yes Probably Rob knows more about I'm talking than me :D

This is my work until now, as you can see, no routes, only one loco, only one switch with address ....
rocrailJaca.zip

Probably you should change the paths.
Also, not sure if the loco picture is in the zip,
10100.png

I put the modules xml in order to create a blank modular layout and adding them,

I know this post is a bit old, but I've looked around and that was the closest about my issues.

In fact, I have al couple of troubles regarding modules and layout.
  • When I define a layout and try to move to a different place (Right click, Select) and move a rectangle wich has a text field, the text field is moved, but it appears blank, I must rewrite the content.
  • When I add a new module, normally I can select it to rotate/move (right click on an empty cell) but if there is not an empty one, you cannot select it, the right click on a non-empty cell shows thar cell options in precedence over the module options -- workaround, be sure to have at lest an empty cell in the minimun rectangle wich defines a module

Those are my newbie troubles (at the moment :mrgreen: next stop ==> routes)

Yours
Gerardo.

P.S. Sorry by my poor English.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ElMatao

Postby smitt48 » 16.09.2015, 19:17

Hi Gerardo.

P.S. Sorry by my poor English.

Don't worry, my Spanish consists of "ole". :oops:

I liked your locomotive, what brand and model is it?

Thanks Tom
Kind regards,
Tom Smit

In design phase
smitt48

Postby LDG » 16.09.2015, 22:25

Hi Tom,
smitt48 wrote:I liked your locomotive, what brand and model is it?
Just google for "IBERTREN 43012" :wink:

Regards,
Lothar
LDG
Site Admin

Postby ElMatao » 23.05.2016, 15:53

rjversluis wrote:Hi Gerardo,
ElMatao wrote:If I turn the module 180º in [RockGUI] RocView, the turntable with it's three tracks not. I think it's a sthetic problem, as my turntable is not DCC controlled (it has a decoder and act as a loco :) but the tracks are not indexed)

Hi.

It seems there is the same problem with andRoc v. 547. (aesthetic problem only, not a hurry ;)

BTW, we have succesfully checked RocRail in a Raspberry Pi, wit LocoNET interface 63120 accessing a modular meeting (107 m. long) aprox 38 modules ranging from 90 to 800 cm and with around 30 simultaneous locos. No automatically driven. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYlpdCPyukA
ElMatao

Previous

Return to Modular Layout Support