[SOLVED] Modular route without block

Moderator: Moderators

[SOLVED] Modular route without block

Postby harm@brumsen.com » 10.12.2011, 15:20

Hi,

I've found something strange when you have a route in a module that doesn't have a block in it (e.g. point-wn => point-en): seems that in that case events for the next block in the next module do not work as I would expect.

I've attached a picture and a zipped example:
- layout consists of three modules 1 (left), 2 (right) and 3 (middle);
- blocks m2-b1 and m2-b2 in module 2 have been defined in exactly the same way;
- routes and events have been defined within the modules;
- when going from m1-b1 to m2-b1, the "enter" and "in' events do not work, when going from m1-b2 to m3-b2 and then to m2-b2, they do work correctly.

Harm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
harm@brumsen.com

Postby rjversluis » 10.12.2011, 18:45

Hi Harm,

I will have a look at it. This situation is new for the current implementation.
Best Regards, Rob.
[ macOS - Linux] - [ N: CBus - CAN-GCA ] - [ 0: RocNetNode - GCA-Pi ]
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby rjversluis » 11.12.2011, 12:15

Hi Harm,

It did take a long time to figure out but with revision 3120 I can run a train from left to right in the north and south routes using your example.
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Not bi-directional

Postby harm@brumsen.com » 13.12.2011, 19:29

Hi Rob,

Thanks ! Yes, that works indeed. Unfortunately I came across something else now: I cannot get it to work in both directions.

- m2-b3 => m2-b4 => m2-b5 can be configured to work in both directions
- m1-b2 => m3-b2 => m2-b2 does work from left to right, but not from right to left. In that case, the "enter" and "in" events for block m3-b2 are not triggered.

Harm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
harm@brumsen.com

Postby rjversluis » 13.12.2011, 20:31

Hi Harm,

you must check all module routes for the correct blockside definitions.
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Not bi-directional

Postby harm@brumsen.com » 13.12.2011, 20:58

Hi Rob,

I checked and checked again: I can't find the error. I may be overlooking something, but I really can't spot it.

Definitions for m3-b2 and m2-b4 (the middle blocks, see screenshots) are similar, but for m3-b2 it doesn't work when coming from m2-b2 (right to left): the route is picked up and block m3-b2 shows up as reserved, but the enter and in events do not work.

Harm
harm@brumsen.com

Postby rjversluis » 13.12.2011, 21:03

Check the Routes table, not the block table.
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Not bi-directional

Postby harm@brumsen.com » 14.12.2011, 21:41

Hi,

I checked the routes and think they're correct. In the attached screenshot, on the left you see the resulting routes which are created as a result of combining the modules. On the right you see the routes as defined in module 3: one from left to right through block m3-b2 (point-ws => m3-b2 and m3-b2 => point-es) and one going from right to left (point-es => m3-b2 and m3-b2 => point-ws).
When going from right to left, the enter and in events don't work.

Routes have been defined in exactly the same way through block m2-b4 (but then within a module) and that DOES work in both directions.

Harm
harm@brumsen.com

Postby rjversluis » 14.12.2011, 22:12

Hi Harm,

OK, I will investigate. 8)
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby rjversluis » 15.12.2011, 07:11

Your events in module 3 are ambiguous:
Code: Select all

<fbevent id="m3-b2-left" action="enter" from="point-es" byroute="point-ws =&gt; m3-b2" endpuls="false" use_timer2="false"/>
      <fbevent id="m3-b2-right" action="in" from="point-es" byroute="point-ws =&gt; m3-b2" endpuls="false" use_timer2="false"/>
      <fbevent id="m3-b2-left" action="enter" from="point-ws" byroute="point-ws =&gt; m3-b2" endpuls="false" use_timer2="false"/>
      <fbevent id="m3-b2-right" action="in" from="point-ws" byroute="point-ws =&gt; m3-b2" endpuls="false" use_timer2="false"/>
      <fbevent id="m3-b2-right" action="enter" from="point-es" byroute="point-es =&gt; m3-b2" endpuls="false" use_timer2="false"/>
      <fbevent id="m3-b2-left" action="in" from="point-es" byroute="point-es =&gt; m3-b2" endpuls="false" use_timer2="false"/>

m3-b2-right from point-es is enter and in...
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

bidirectional route

Postby harm@brumsen.com » 15.12.2011, 21:43

Rob,

You're right, thanks ! Sorry I didn't spot it. No idea how that got there, it's also not visible in the user interface.

Harm
harm@brumsen.com

Return to Modular Layout Support