Adjustable Module Legs

Moderator: Moderators

Adjustable Module Legs

Postby rjversluis » 20.12.2008, 12:27

Based on a Fremo idea I started to develop adjustable leg-pairs:

http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=plan-f:framework-en

I used cheap bolts to create 20mm adjusting space.
Best Regards, Rob.
[ macOS - Linux] - [ N: CBus - CAN-GCA ] - [ 0: RocNetNode - GCA-Pi ]
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby ajzahn » 20.12.2008, 17:49

I went for height adjustable legs from IKEA for 12,50 EUR per piece

>>> www.ikea.com/de/de/catalog/products/40057457
ajzahn

Postby rjversluis » 20.12.2008, 17:57

I need 18 legs...

18 * 12,50 = 225,-

OK, DIY. ;-)
Best Regards, Rob.
[ macOS - Linux] - [ N: CBus - CAN-GCA ] - [ 0: RocNetNode - GCA-Pi ]
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby dadolphs » 20.12.2008, 18:37

Hi Rob,

I thought about this stuff from Ikea before, but when I calculated the price ... :cry:

Another disadvantage or better challenge of these legs would be the final mounting: How to mount these to the side walls of the modules?

So I prefer your DIY work!

Best regards.
Dirk :rr_cap:
H0 - IB - LocoBuffer (MGV) - Ubuntu (Server) - Vista (Client) - iRoc - andRoc - Fredi

http://blog.moba-keller.de/
dadolphs

Using CV-pipe

Postby treinbert » 07.12.2009, 23:21

Hello,

I started using wooden legs with a bolt in the bottom, but this is tricky to mount and a lot of work. My latest modules all have legs from CV-pipe of 22 mm in diameter. I bought special plastic parts to fit into these pipes, in which special feet are going. The price of the plastic part and the feet are less than 8 euro together. So together with the pipe it is not a lot.

I have made to connection at the module with two triangles, which are mounted in the corners with holes of 22 mm in them to feed the pipes through. On the to triangle is a stop for the end of the pipe. In the side of the triangle a bolt with eye is mounted to prevent the pipe from falling out.

I can even make the hight adujstable with big jumps, by putting a small piece of pipe on top of the other, with a soldered connection. The normal hight of my modules is 120 cm above the ground.

Kind regards,
Met vriendelijke groeten,
Bert Mengerink
Kwintsheul
treinbert

Return to Modular Layout Support