SOLVED - Problem with Loksound and more than 8 functions

Moderator: Moderators

SOLVED - Problem with Loksound and more than 8 functions

Postby mserrano » 24.08.2009, 12:02

Hi everyone,

I am experience a weird behavior of rocrail or my loksound decoders when activating functions from f9 to f15.

I do not know if it a problem of the decoders (I have tried 3 and all with the same results), or a problem from rocrail.

I have read other topics regarding problems with 12 functions and24 functions.

http://forum.rocrail.net/viewtopic.php? ... =functions

Following one of the solutions provided in the last one, I completely reinstalled my rocrail… and still not positive results.

I am running windows XP (though I have also checked on linux with the same negative outcome); DDX, rocrail 1.3.999 rev 713, and using a connection with a delta unit as booster. So far I never had a problem with tocrail… though I must admit I have just been testing the different features.

The weird situation:

I noticed that my aux. outputs did not react when assigned to f9-f15- they seem to work fine when running from the loksound programmer software. After some investigation, I programmed my loksound in the following way:
F0-ligths
F1-sound on/off
F2-sound 1
F3-sound 2
F4-sound 3
F5- sound 4
F6-shunting mode on / off
F7-sound 5
F8-sound 1
F9-sound 2
F10-sound 3
F11-sound 4
F12-sound 5

The problem starts in F9… instead of reproducing the same sound as F3.. it reproduces F7; F10 should reproduce F4, but it goes to F5; F11 should reproduce F5 but it reproduces F4; and f12 that should reproduce F7, reproduces F3.

I have not made more tests but I can do it if necessary. As I said, with the loksound programmer software everything seems to work.

I am attaching the traces of my last test: activation of lights, sound, activation of F3, activation of F9 and activation of F12 (and instead of having the same sound in F3-F9, it was in F3-f12.

In addition, I am also having problems to configure the time a function should be active in the loks table. When changing a value of the first group… it seems to be copied to the rest of the groups… and if I try to change a value of the other groups.. it is never stored.

Sorry for the long message… any help is welcome… and if I have to provide more info, please let me know.

Of course I could simply acknowledge the “remap” of functions… but it seems the 24 functions work fine for everyone… so I would like to know what my problem is.

PS: the decoder is programmed with a short address and 128 steps (in rocrail I have tried with version 1 and version 2)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by mserrano on 06.09.2009, 15:26, edited 1 time in total.
mserrano

Postby rjversluis » 24.08.2009, 12:20

Hi,

In addition, I am also having problems to configure the time a function should be active in the loks table. When changing a value of the first group… it seems to be copied to the rest of the groups… and if I try to change a value of the other groups.. it is never stored.

This seems to be a dialog bug. You can report this at launchpad.net/rocrail.
As a quick work aroound you can set the timings directly in the plan.xml.

As for the DDX function above 8 I do not know for sure. I developed it and did test it with an Esu sound decoder.
Best Regards, Rob.
:!: PS: Do not forget to attach the usual files.
:!: PS: Nicht vergessen die übliche Dateien an zu hängen.
[ macOS - Linux] - [ N: CBus - CAN-GCA ] - [ 0: RocNetNode - GCA-Pi ]
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby mserrano » 24.08.2009, 12:47

Thanks rob. I have introduced the dialog problem in launchpad (hope I have done it rigth).

Regarding the other problem, which is more critical for me, has anyone else tested the loksound decos? When did you do the last test?

The only explanation I can find is that my decos are running the most recent firmware update... However, I have also tried with an old one I had.. and the same results.

Has something change in the rocrail code recently regarding the functions?

Again.. any help is more than welcome.

Thanks in advance.
mserrano

Postby rjversluis » 24.08.2009, 12:58

Hi,

you have trace level debug activated which is not very useful; please turn it of.
It also slows down de DDX processing.
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby mserrano » 24.08.2009, 18:47

Thanks rob. I did not know how much info was needed, so I turned on all the debugging traces. I have corrected it now, and I am resubmitting the traces as requested.

Please let me know if you need more information (or something different).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mserrano

Postby rjversluis » 24.08.2009, 20:07

OK,

let's wait what other DDX users have to report about this issue, I'm sure you are not the only one using more than 8 functions.
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby mserrano » 24.08.2009, 20:49

Thanks Rob.
Maybe it is just a problem of the loksound decoders. As I said, the quick solution is to acknowledge this remaping of the functions. I would just like to know if someone else is having the same problem.
Best regards
mserrano

Postby rjversluis » 24.08.2009, 21:23

Hi,

the current DDX library supports up to 24 functions so the remapping of the function numbers in the decoder is a cheap workaround.

My time is limited and I set priorities. The DDX functions beyond 8 is a goodie which I implemented and tested. Maybe my testing was misleading, but I could manage to let play the sounds from 9 to 13.
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby mserrano » 25.08.2009, 10:15

Thanks anyway.

Just some extra information, in case someone else notices the same problem. I have tested function f13 to f15 and they seem to work fine. That means that my problems regards excluivly to group 3 of fucntion (f9-f12)
mserrano

Postby rjversluis » 25.08.2009, 17:28

Hi,

can you check if the functions are swapped:
f9 <-> f12
f10 <-> f11

The problem starts in F9… instead of reproducing the same sound as F3.. it reproduces F7; F10 should reproduce F4, but it goes to F5; F11 should reproduce F5 but it reproduces F4; and f12 that should reproduce F7, reproduces F3.

It seems to be so.
Thats 10 seconds of work to correct that. ;-)
If you confirm I will commit it.
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby mserrano » 25.08.2009, 18:01

Yeah!. It is exactly that, just these two pairs seems to be swapped.
Thanks in advance.
Manolo
mserrano

Postby rjversluis » 25.08.2009, 19:19

Hi Manolo,

OK, I committed the correction in revision 715.

Please report if its OK or not.
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby mserrano » 26.08.2009, 12:27

Solved!
Thanks rob. It works perfect now. The problem with the dialogue box is also soved. I have already noted it as "fixreleased".

thanks again.
mserrano

Return to ddx