GCA GC1e + GC3 : Setup Question and Input

RocNet(RaspberryPi), mergCBUS and LocoNet based hardware developed by Peter Giling. (GCA)
Documentation: http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=english#hardware
Order information: http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=gca:gca-index-en/

GCA GC1e + GC3 : Setup Question and Input

Postby RedTrain » 11.11.2012, 21:39

Dear community

As a born-again modeler, I have assembled GC1e+GC3 from kits that I have ordered with parts and programmed PICs. That worked well! I have added my personal notes as a text file, maybe they are of help for other newcomers.

A few questions remain that I could not yet answer from the Wiki or the internet.

1. cbus nodeID: Is lower nodeID = higher priority on the bus?
2. GC1e JP2: What is the function of jumper 2? Something with ICSP?
3. GC1e command ack: Does not work in my setup. Returns 'time out on command ack 0x...'. Maybe a firmware version problem. How can I know the version of my PIC that was pre-programmed in the kit?
4. PIC programming HW/SW: Any hint on where to get kit that works well?

Thank you for your kind hints!
Carlo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RedTrain

Re: GCA GC1e + GC3 : Setup Question and Input

Postby aling » 12.11.2012, 09:36

Hi Carlo,

RedTrain wrote:1. cbus nodeID: Is lower nodeID = higher priority on the bus?

No, but lower CANID higher priority on the bus
2. GC1e JP2: What is the function of jumper 2? Something with ICSP?

JP2 has no function at the moment.
3. GC1e command ack: Does not work in my setup. Returns 'time out on command ack 0x...'. Maybe a firmware version problem. How can I know the version of my PIC that was pre-programmed in the kit?

after power up press at cangc1e the button. one led will blink and in rocrail pop up a window with the firmware version. push the button again
for led off.

gruss achim
aling

Postby RedTrain » 12.11.2012, 18:26

Thanks a lot! Best, Carlo
RedTrain

Postby RedTrain » 14.11.2012, 20:35

Command Ack is now also working OK. I think I forgot to put the CANID right in my first attempts to program the GC1e.

To enable Command Ack do: Rocrail-Programming-Index-Query, then double-click on GC1e and you're transferred to the GC1e tab with the device ready for programming. Then set Command Ack to ON and click Set all. The same in Rocrail-File-Rocrail Properties-Controller Command Ack ON. Restart Rocrail.

It's baby steps I know... but just in case.

Carlo
RedTrain

Return to GCA (Hardware by Peter Giling)