[SOLVED] GCA101 cannot support FRED

RocNet(RaspberryPi), mergCBUS and LocoNet based hardware developed by Peter Giling. (GCA)
Documentation: http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=english#hardware
Order information: http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=gca:gca-index-en/

[SOLVED] GCA101 cannot support FRED

Postby cvalder » 27.12.2012, 19:38

Hello to all,

I need your help to get my GCA101 to work. I have assembled two of them and both behave the same.
The PC can ping the GCA101, I setup DDX with an ORD-3 which works fine. In rocrail properties I setup two controllers: first DDX with ORD-3 and second loconet with lnudp according to documentation.
As soon as I connect any FRED to J5 or J6 their LEDs start flashing in a circle around. Rocrail reports "Request slot for loco address 4151
Read slot=1 addr=4151, Not Consisted, free, 28, dir=fwd speed=0 fun=off,off,off,off,off,off,off,off,off
track=ON power=UP PT=avail
slot=1 addr=4151 throttleid=0"
Adress 4151 was set previously via an Intellibox.

Who can help?

Thanks in advance
Christian.

INI- and TRC-Files are attached
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by cvalder on 28.12.2012, 20:56, edited 1 time in total.
Viele Grüße
Christian
[Rocrail - RocNet] [MGV Hardware - Flüsterantriebe - Digital-Bahn] [Windows - Raspian - Ubuntu - OS X] [FREMO H0fine]
cvalder

one step further

Postby cvalder » 28.12.2012, 09:34

after switching off the WLAN interface of my PC (the 101 is connected with cable) the FREDs look better but still not the way I would expect:

Now the lights on the FRED are as expected. I can observe all changes that I do with the FRED on screen in a Rocrail locomotive throttle dialog with the same adress: velocity, direction, functions - but the locomotive only moves and responds if I change the values with a mouse on the PC. So rocrail can understand what my FREDs want to tell the loco but it does not forward it.

Has anybody done something like that before and can help: FRED -> GCA101 -> ROCRAIL -> DDX -> ORD-3 -> loco?

Kind regards,
Christian.
Viele Grüße
Christian
[Rocrail - RocNet] [MGV Hardware - Flüsterantriebe - Digital-Bahn] [Windows - Raspian - Ubuntu - OS X] [FREMO H0fine]
cvalder

Ash on my head!

Postby cvalder » 28.12.2012, 21:03

Finally I am happy - my FREDs control my locos.
By mistake I entered "ddx" at Slot server IID instead of "ORD-3", the ID of the main controller.

Maybe this will help anybody in the future.

Kind regards and a happy New Year very soon
Christian
Viele Grüße
Christian
cvalder

Return to GCA (Hardware by Peter Giling)