[solved] First use of GCA50

RocNet(RaspberryPi), mergCBUS and LocoNet based hardware developed by Peter Giling. (GCA)
Documentation: http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=english#hardware
Order information: http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=gca:gca-index-en/

[solved] First use of GCA50

Postby Smash26 » 22.03.2014, 09:49

Hello,
I am starting with Rocrail and Peter’s hardware. From my Windows 7 computer, I have a specific Ethernet connection to GCA101, then I have a Sub-D cable to GCA50. All power LEDs are OK. When I send a request from Rocrail, I see the green LED on GCA101 (ethernet receive / Loco-I/O transmit) ON for about 1,5 seconds.

I can never get connection to GCA50 (no answer, when I am trying to “Query” addresses or “Reset” address, I always get “timeout on reply…” in Rocview server’s window feedback.
On GCA50, red LED between both Sub-D connector (LocoNet activity) is always ON (meaning “Loconet False”).
I try several Sub-D cable between GCA101 and GCA50 (including market cable and selfmade cable according to specification), result is always the same.

I am almost sure the PIC microcontroller is correctly programed (Verify was OK), is it a way to know if the firmware is running (LED, …) ?

Perhaps I have not do correct configuration in Rocrail (I set a Loconet server as in attached printscreen – 192.168.0.100 is the IP address of the 2nd Ethernet board connected directly to GCA101).

Any help welcome to do GCA50 working.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Smash26 on 30.03.2014, 16:30, edited 1 time in total.
Smash26

Re: First use of GCA50

Postby rjversluis » 23.03.2014, 07:23

If you are new GCA-101 user it would be better to test first with a computer with only one ethernet adapter.
Best Regards, Rob.
:!: PS: Do not forget to attach the usual files.
:!: PS: Nicht vergessen die übliche Dateien an zu hängen.
[ macOS - Linux] - [ N: CBus - CAN-GCA ] - [ 0: RocNetNode - GCA-Pi ]
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby Smash26 » 23.03.2014, 08:56

I try to connect GCA101 directly to the main computer Ethernet adapter (or via a router) and I get exactly the same result (I had removed the 2nd Ethernet interface and leave blank the IP-address in the Loconet properties of Rocrail).

How can I verify the communication is correct between the computer and GCA101 ?

Without computer connection, is it normal that the red LED of GCA50 is allways ON ? When is it switched OFF, after initialisation from computer ?

I think the problem is the GCA50 board (or communication to GCA101). I try two pieces of GCA50: same results.
Smash26

Postby rjversluis » 23.03.2014, 09:38

Hi,

if the Red LED remains all the time on you have a hardware problem.
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby Smash26 » 30.03.2014, 16:26

Solved ! The jumper JP1 was missing on GCA101 board !?!
Thank you for your messages.
Smash26

Re: [solved] First use of GCA50

Postby rjversluis » 30.03.2014, 16:31

Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Return to GCA (Hardware by Peter Giling)