Ethernet CAN-Bridge for Gleisbox

Märklin Central Station 2

Ethernet CAN-Bridge for Gleisbox

Postby cajaeger » 11.09.2015, 08:39

Hi,

as I'm not so happy with the serial solution of the CC-Schnitte, it's time to replace the CC-Schnitte (serial CAN-Bridge) with an Ethernet-CAN-Bridge,
Which product should I use for connecting the MS2/GLeisbox to my Mac?
Can I use the solution of Peter? (CAN-GC1e CBUS-Ethernet Interface with 3 Amp Power supply)

have a nice weekend

Carlo
Rocrail v.12594, Mac Mini 2,3 GHz, El Capitan, 16GB Ram, 250 GB SSD, Monitor 27" WQHD, DCC28 fahren mit Intellibox2 an GCA101, Schalten/Melden mit Intellibox1 Loconet über ULNI, 3 Booster Power4, Märklin K, Bemo H0m
cajaeger

Re: Ethernet CAN-Bridge for Gleisbox

Postby bertc3p0 » 11.09.2015, 13:26

Hi Carlo,
cajaeger wrote:Hi,

as I'm not so happy with the serial solution of the CC-Schnitte, it's time to replace the CC-Schnitte (serial CAN-Bridge) with an Ethernet-CAN-Bridge,
Which product should I use for connecting the MS2/GLeisbox to my Mac?
Can I use the solution of Peter? (CAN-GC1e CBUS-Ethernet Interface with 3 Amp Power supply)

have a nice weekend

Carlo

maybe this could be your solution:

Variation (the same code / PIC) build in Gleisbox

you only need a 'USB-Ethernet Bridge' - RPi / OpenWRT Router etc pp

Or just use a BeagleBone Black/Green or BananaPi - they do have an integrated CAN Controller. Simply add a CAN Transceiver.
These boards have Ethernet - of course. Add can2lan and you are done.
Advanatge of these boards: you can run Rocrail Server on it. Very flexible and the costs are even below the CC-Schnitte, which is only a dumb M*rklin specific CAN2USB Bridge and needs a WinPC to run.

Regards

Gerd
bertc3p0

Return to CS2