Sensor Feedback Not Functioning - SOLVED

Märklin Central Station 2

Sensor Feedback Not Functioning - SOLVED

Postby KPeter » 03.04.2016, 00:51

Last October prior to relocating my layout to another room I was using Rocrail build 10056 (2015-10-25) and everything was functioning normally. In the meantime I have 5 blocks wired up and functioning correctly in the new location with the same Rocrail build. However, I have now tried to update the Rocrail to build 11011 (2016-03-29) and I cannot get the sensor feedback to function properly. Most times I get no sensor feedback, but occasionally it does get a feedback but then it stays on and will not reset. Needless to say I have lost all automatic control.

I switched back to build 10056 and once again operation is normal with all sensors functioning the way they should.

So obviously something has changed during the 5 months between Rocrail builds. Can someone direct me to what I possibly need to change in the sensor setup or the CS2 controller? I really don't want to be stuck with an old build.

Thanks
Peter
Last edited by KPeter on 04.04.2016, 22:08, edited 1 time in total.
KPeter

Re: Sensor Feedback Not Functioning

Postby rjversluis » 03.04.2016, 10:08

Hi Peter,

maybe you will find an answer here:
viewforum.php?f=105
or in the Wiki:
http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=cs2:cs2-de
Best Regards, Rob.
:!: PS: Do not forget to attach the usual files.
:!: PS: Nicht vergessen die übliche Dateien an zu hängen.
[ macOS - Linux] - [ N: CBus - CAN-GCA ] - [ 0: RocNetNode - GCA-Pi ]
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby KPeter » 03.04.2016, 17:58

Thank you Rob.

My German is not that great, but I have found nothing obvious in your suggested links.

I have checked all of the network settings and they have not changed. I have checked the firewall settings and both Rocrail and Rocview are in the free setting.

I notice 2 things in the links. One states that for a CS2 the sensor range needs to start at 0. I have always had mine set at 1. Changing it to 0 has no effect. I notice also that one member who has the same issue had to change his broadcast last number from 255 to the server address. I tried that as well and then I lose all communication between the CS2 and Rocrail.

I do not know what else to try other than going back to the old October build.

Since your links are for the German forum, I can try and state my problem there in German, but I'm not sure how understandable it will be.
KPeter

Postby smitt48 » 03.04.2016, 18:27

Hi Peter,

English is spoken hier! :mrgreen:

Try the English version:
http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=cs2:cs2-en

Hint: usually (but not always) by changing the suffix on the link from -en to -de, you can get the same information in another language.

Tom
Kind regards,
Tom Smit
Kralendijk, Bonaire - Dutch Caribbean

Märklin M & K-rails with ECoS2 (4.2.2) - Win10
RoSoft: S88n & WDD switch & SDD signal decoders
Display: Tri-ang from 1950's, Märklin from early 1960's
In build phase
smitt48

Postby eroncelli » 03.04.2016, 20:09

CS2 actual SW version is 4.1.0: as far as know, I don't see any problem with sensor reporting.
Maybe an update is necessary.
HO Maerklin, CS2+MS2, PC with Win10, Android phone, electronics by IEK, decoder by Maerklin-ESU-TAMS
".. and let your dog enjoy Rocrail"
eroncelli

Postby KPeter » 03.04.2016, 20:47

Thank you both.

My CS2 is up to date with SW version 4.1.0.

Tom - The English version makes it easier. However, I am still unclear about a couple of things:

1- For the CS2 it says the sensor range needs to start at 0. Why? I have never had to do that and have always started at 1 with the upper range being multiples of 16.
2. For the network setup it says for a 192.168.0 network the submask should be 255.255.0.0. I don't think that is correct. If I use the subnet calculator link it shows I should be using 255.255.255.0 which is what I have always been using.

What I am going to do is download the latest Rocrail build and see if it works. If not I am going to re-enter all of the network settings reboot everything and see if that fixes it.

I know I am grasping at straws but if I have a functioning system under one build and not with a newer one, all the obvious firewall and network setting scenarios don't seem to apply. Something else seems to be storing incorrect info. So perhaps reentering everything like new may fix that.
KPeter

Postby smitt48 » 03.04.2016, 22:31

Hi Peter,

I am sorry, but I am not a CS2 person. So I can't help you there.
However there are many CS2 users using Rocrail.
Maybe you should hang your files here in the Forum.
http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=issue-en

Good luck,
Tom
Kind regards,
Tom Smit
Kralendijk, Bonaire - Dutch Caribbean

Märklin M & K-rails with ECoS2 (4.2.2) - Win10
RoSoft: S88n & WDD switch & SDD signal decoders
Display: Tri-ang from 1950's, Märklin from early 1960's
In build phase
smitt48

Postby Niklas01 » 04.04.2016, 11:03

Hi Peter,

i am using a CS2 and my sensor-range starts at 1, not at 0. Could you add your rocrail.ini and plan-File, please?

Which OS do you use?

Regards,
Niklas
Viele Grüße / Best regards Niklas
MCS2, PC mit Win10/Linux Mint 18
Niklas01

Re: Sensor Feedback Not Functioning - SOLVED

Postby KPeter » 04.04.2016, 22:22

Thank you all for your support and suggestions.

After I rechecked everything and reloaded a new build it still did not function. However, I noticed that it did pick up the sensors (small blib on the screen) but did not change the state other than randomly. This made me think that perhaps the new builds are looking for a faster communication and that possibly in the new layout location my laptop Wi-Fi connection was intermittent or too weak.

I purchased an Ethernet switch this morning and now have both the CS2 and the laptop connected via Ethernet cables to the switch and it works perfectly. Had the original October build of Rocrail not worked I probably would have realized that right away. So I'm not sure what changed in Rocrail to allow an old build to work on a possibly weaker Wi-Fi signal and not function for a new build.

Anyway I am once again happy that I can run in Automatic for the blocks that I have reconnected so far.

Cheers
Peter
KPeter

Return to CS2