Ghost

Märklin Central Station 2

Ghost

Postby jacques123dk » 01.06.2016, 14:57

Hi guys

So i managed to get the sensors on the small test layout to work, so now they count everytime a loco passes.

I have analyzed after i set up 2 sensors per block (enter and in) and i have configured the sensors under tables->blocks->routes.

However when i set a loco in a bloc and turn on the power and auto mode and start all loco, the loco drives and then when it gets to another block it stops with the ghost warning.

Please help i am begining to loose faith :)

Thanks from a desperate newbie.

Jacques
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jacques123dk

Re: Ghost

Postby Pirat-Kapitan » 01.06.2016, 15:09

Hi Jacques,
we need Your Planfile too :coding:

The error code says "missing ENTER". I think, Your setting of feedback to block / route is not correct.

Best Regards
Johannes
Clearasilfahrer auf Spur G, Lenz LZV (3.6), ORD-20, Manhart-Funki und WLM, RS-Bus Rückmelder (Reedkontakte),
Rocrail auf RasPi ("raspiRoc") mit mobilen Geräten (andRoc). Details auf http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=use ... at-kapitan.
Pirat-Kapitan

Postby jacques123dk » 01.06.2016, 15:16

Sorry :)

Here you go and thanks.

Regs

Jacques
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jacques123dk

Postby jacques123dk » 01.06.2016, 15:21

And i dont understand where the error is then. The red sensor on the picture is my sensor 5 which is set as enter in block 3. The second the train hits that sensor (5) i get the ghost message.

Jacques
jacques123dk

Postby LDG » 01.06.2016, 16:00

Hi Jacques,

there are some problems with sensor assignments in your plan.

I have some advice to you as a novice:
- label all your sensors in a similar way. I.e. do not mix "Sensor 7 (3) enter" , "1 enter", "enter 5" ...
This will lead to confusion when others try to understand your plan :wink: (for testing you may use use "s1", "s2", "s3", ...)
- read the "step by step introduction" and try to understand which sensor is "enter" and which is "in" if a route reaches (enters!) a block on the "+" side. The same for "-" side.
- when using analyser use only the generic "all enter + " and "all enter -" routes to configure the sensor assignments
- do not configure sensors for analysed routes . Every new "analyse run" will remove your changes to generated routes. Route specifc sensor assignment is only necessary for "exceptions" from generic sensor assignments (-> do not use it in first steps).

As an example in your plan:

"block 3" / Properties / Routes:
route "all enter +" : sensor "in 6" is for event "enter" and sensor "enter 5" is for event "in"
route "all enter -" : sensor "enter 5" is for event "enter" and sensor "in 6" is for event "in"

Regards,
Lothar
LDG
Site Admin

Postby smitt48 » 01.06.2016, 16:03

Hi Jacques,

You have to be careful on how you assign the sensors to the + or - side.
I used the analyser clean-up and changed the melders from "enter" to "in" depending on the + or -.
Here is your plan, it should work now.
Why did you use "Jacques" as your controller For virtually running it is easier to leave it blank.

Tom
Kind regards,
Tom Smit
Kralendijk, Bonaire - Dutch Caribbean

Märklin M & K-rails with ECoS2 (4.2.2) - Win10
RoSoft: S88n & WDD switch & SDD signal decoders
Display: Tri-ang from 1950's, Märklin from early 1960's
In build phase
smitt48

Postby jacques123dk » 01.06.2016, 16:06

Hi Tom

Thank you!

Regarding the controller name, there is no reason, i have had a lot of trys to get things working, so probably that was just one of those "lets be sure its connected right".

Do i just overwrite my plan.xml or how do i use the file you sent?

Thanks a lot.
Regs

Jacques
jacques123dk

Postby smitt48 » 01.06.2016, 17:17

Hi Jacques,

Rename your plan so you have a copy. Then copy my plan and give it the same name as you had before.

Tom
Kind regards,
Tom Smit

In build phase
smitt48

Postby jacques123dk » 01.06.2016, 19:53

Tom, it work! Thats so great, you wont belive how much time i have spent since i started cutting the first tracks for such a simple layout. Fantastic with nice people who helps here!!!

I now have the trains running automatically, however (please look at the photo i posted earlier), if i place a loco in block 3 and one in either block 1 or 2 i cannot get them to start, but if i put a loco in 1 and one in 2 it works and they take turns on going through block 3.

Shouldnt it be possible to have a train in block 3 and then let the auto mode run that to block 1 or 2, whichever is free and then the other train has access to block 3 after that?

Regs

Jacques
jacques123dk

Postby smitt48 » 01.06.2016, 20:38

Hi Jacques,

if i place a loco in block 3 and one in either block 1 or 2 i cannot get them to start

It does work!

Make sure the loco arrow points to the right in Block 1 or Block 2, and the arrow should point to the left in Block 3.

Like this:
jacques1.PNG

Tom
Kind regards,
Tom Smit

In build phase
smitt48

Postby jacques123dk » 01.06.2016, 21:26

Ok got it, must have missed it before.

Any reason the locos never go the other way around? Should be allowed with the settings?

Thanks

Jacques
jacques123dk

Postby smitt48 » 01.06.2016, 21:35

Hi Jacques,

Jacques wrote:
Should be allowed with the settings?

NO!
You have an arrow in the plan. No routes are created from block3 -(minus side) to block1 or 2 -(minus side). No routes then no movement of trains.

Delete the arrow and run the analyser again, then it should work.

Tom
Kind regards,
Tom Smit

In build phase
smitt48

Return to CS2