CS2/CS3 -> Discover & Bind

Märklin Central Station 2

CS2/CS3 -> Discover & Bind

Postby eroncelli » 20.08.2017, 10:20

issue.zip
It seems that I'm missing something as in my plan no guest loco appears (CS2 ver 4.2 and PC Win 10).
All other functions (loco, switches, FBs are ok): where's my error ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HO Maerklin, CS2+MS2, PC with Win10, Android phone, electronics by IEK, decoder by Maerklin-ESU-TAMS
".. and let your dog enjoy Rocrail"
eroncelli

Re: CS2/CS3 -> Discover & Bind

Postby woodyboy » 20.08.2017, 13:06

Hi Eroncelli,

I don't see any mfx activity in the log. mfx binding is only possibly when a locomotive is unknown to the GFP or at a forced reregistration. In case of CS2 Rocrail listens to the registering process. You can read here some prerequisites for discover, verify and bind process. This is for mgbox instead of mcs2, but it should work for a CS2 too.
Regards,

Bert

Equipment: Roco WLANMaus, MS2, Gleisbox 2x(separated switch & rollingstock). Ubuntu 16. Edits booster. Arduino: S88 CANbus interface & Ethernet-CANbus gateway
woodyboy

Postby eroncelli » 20.08.2017, 14:06

issue.zip
Thanks for your answer.
I realized that the guest locos are "discovered" as soon as a command (any) is set in the CS2, but they appear in the list with the address (mfx or not).
According to the parallel thread on Ecos/CS1, should be discovered at the connection between RR and CS2 and reported with the "name" (at least the mfx ones).
Still something unclear to me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HO Maerklin, CS2+MS2, PC with Win10, Android phone, electronics by IEK, decoder by Maerklin-ESU-TAMS
eroncelli

Postby woodyboy » 20.08.2017, 16:02

The locolist from the CS2 is only accessible in a zip format. As far as I know Rocrail is not compiled and linked with zlib or another zip like memorystream enabled compression library. This is the reason why it isn't possible to read the CS2 loclist at startup and merge with Rocrails locomotivelist.

With mgbox the newly discovered loco is added to the loco list with the name stored in the decoder. Only when there is a duplicate name detected, the name is adapted.

In the case the locomotive is already present in the CS2, and a command is issued to the locomotive, then it is possible that the loc is added with its address. However with mgbox i should expect the locomotive is generated with the mfx stored name in the decoder after issuing a function or speed command.

The mgbox discover and bind implementation is different from MCS2.
Regards,

Bert

Equipment: Roco WLANMaus, MS2, Gleisbox 2x(separated switch & rollingstock). Ubuntu 16. Edits booster. Arduino: S88 CANbus interface & Ethernet-CANbus gateway
woodyboy

Postby eroncelli » 22.08.2017, 12:57

I can't understand how this function works: not as mentioned for the msgbox, neither as described for Ecos/CS1.
Any suggestion ?
eroncelli

Postby rjversluis » 22.08.2017, 14:06

Hi,

Ecos:
The Ecos send its loco database to the PC, and Rocrail checks for locos which are not already defined in Rocrail and will generate new objects for them.

CS2:
If a loco is placed on the track the mfx decoder tries to communicate with the CS2. The discover option activates that the CS2 will report this event, and the Bind option will generate a loco object in Rocrail if not already exist.

In both cases: Rocrail ist master so supporting this is way around and no one needs it. But if you have a CS with a display...
Best Regards, Rob.
:!: PS: Do not forget to attach the usual files.
:!: PS: Nicht vergessen die übliche Dateien an zu hängen.
[ macOS - Linux] - [ N: CBus - CAN-GCA ] - [ 0: RocNetNode - GCA-Pi ]
rjversluis
Site Admin

Return to CS2