Marklin CS2

Märklin Central Station 2

Postby plane2257 » 27.02.2010, 02:45

Hey I'm using this one:

rocrail-setup-1.3.0-rev982-Air-unicode.exe (md5)

I think that's rocrail 1.3? I believe this is the newer version?
plane2257

Postby ron&bram » 27.02.2010, 09:54

Hi Eric,

Rocrail Air 1.3 is the current stable release. However, since that release some mayor improvements have been made to the CS2 support such as must faster response of the S88 feedbacks, operation of loc or switch on the CS2 is reflected in Rocview (when you throw a swiitch on the CS2, the switch will also be thrown in Rocrail). You may want to try a recent snapshot, that can be found here: http://rocrail.saturnus.it/unicode/. The last changes to the CS2 support were made in revision 1153. Many CS2 users are now working with that version.

Best regards, Ronald
Best regards, Viele Grüsse, vriendelijke groeten, Ronald :rr_cap:
GCA85/50/93/145/146/153 Loconet, Twincenter+booster for locs, seperate booster for accessory decoders, dedicated laptop with XP and Ubuntu for Rocrail, AndRoc, LGB indoor OTF layout
ron&bram

Postby plane2257 » 27.02.2010, 14:05

hey thanks. when I click on the link you posted, it takes me to a page with many links. Do I just download the 1153 one? Also, once downloaded, does this snapshot automatically go into rocrail? I am very confused at what a snapshot is. Thanks!

- Eric
plane2257

Postby ron&bram » 27.02.2010, 15:11

Hi Eric,

Newer snapshots usually mean new features or bugs removed. After version 1153 there were no more changes to the CS2 support (but many other changes). I would say try version 1153. The file itself is an executable installer. After downloading, when you double click the file, it will start the Rocrail install routine. One way to install this is to point it to your current Rocrail installation, it will overwrite the files needed to run Rocrail, but when you deactivate the option to install the demo plan, all your settings and your plan are safe. Another way, safer way to install is to install in a new directory and copy rocrail.ini, rocview.ini and your plan xml file from your current installation to the new installation.

Best regards, Ronald
GCA85/50/93/145/146/153 Loconet, Twincenter+booster for locs, seperate booster for accessory decoders, dedicated laptop with XP and Ubuntu for Rocrail, AndRoc, LGB indoor OTF layout
ron&bram

Postby plane2257 » 05.03.2010, 23:57

Hey, I downloaded the 1153 snapshot, and unchecked the 'demo' button. But now, when i try to start rocrail, only rocview pops up. Command prompt is not starting up anymore. What happened?
plane2257

Postby ron&bram » 06.03.2010, 13:57

Hi Eric,

I think that Rocview defaults to workspaces, see http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=1.3:workspaces-en. You can disable using workspaces in the Rocview properties.

Best regards, Ronald
ron&bram

Postby plane2257 » 08.03.2010, 09:08

Hey Thanks! Got it to work.
I have another question about the S88. I'm using reed contacts and there are wires coming out of both sides of the reed contact. According to the pictures in the two micro page manual, it shows as one side going into the s88 and the other connecting to a light signal or switch track. I'm assuming that I don't really need to connect the second wire into a switch or signal and can just leave it unconnected right?
plane2257

Previous

Return to CS2