Solved - init field power on / power off on exit

Märklin Central Station 2

Solved - init field power on / power off on exit

Postby woodyboy » 26.12.2013, 10:58

It seems that on starting and exiting Rocrail no "Go" and "Stopp" CAN commands are send to the interface. Maybe I've done a misconfiguration but Ctrl P is working excellent.

BTW if I configure a sensor as Shortcircuit Sensor, the event SHORTCUT is generated which I expect tot send a "Stopp" CAN message to the GFP. But I see nothing on the bus, except my sensor message.

Rocrail 6571
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by woodyboy on 28.12.2013, 08:45, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,

Bert

Equipment: Roco WLANMaus, MS2, Gleisbox 2x(separated switch & rollingstock). Ubuntu 16. Edits booster. Arduino: S88 CANbus interface & Ethernet-CANbus gateway
woodyboy

Postby rjversluis » 26.12.2013, 11:22

A power off is added at halt in the mcs2 library. (6582)

A shortcut sensor only brings a server message; no action:
http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=sen ... -en#cutout
Best Regards, Rob.
:!: PS: Do not forget to attach the usual files.
:!: PS: Nicht vergessen die übliche Dateien an zu hängen.
[ macOS - Linux] - [ N: CBus - CAN-GCA ] - [ 0: RocNetNode - GCA-Pi ]
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby woodyboy » 26.12.2013, 11:47

Thanks for the quick reply. A was to fast with my original reply. Now a read after the halt...

How about the power on?

Thanks for your explanation on the SHORTCUT event. That is how I solved it for now by a normal sensor event yesterday evening after a few hours of trying and reading the forum about actions.
Last edited by woodyboy on 26.12.2013, 11:53, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,

Bert

Equipment: Roco WLANMaus, MS2, Gleisbox 2x(separated switch & rollingstock). Ubuntu 16. Edits booster. Arduino: S88 CANbus interface & Ethernet-CANbus gateway
woodyboy

Postby rjversluis » 26.12.2013, 11:52

woodyboy wrote:A Halt keeps power on the track. Power off means in my opinion; cut off energy, that does the Stopp command.

With halt I meant the interface function in which a power off is send.
https://github.com/rocrail/Rocrail/blob ... mpl/mcs2.c

woodyboy wrote:How about the power on?

Why?
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby woodyboy » 26.12.2013, 11:54

Hahaha, you are so fast !!! I adapted my reply while you posted the next... Have a nice day!
Regards,

Bert

woodyboy

Postby woodyboy » 26.12.2013, 12:26

I should better read the messages. But this is in general. I readed the meaning of the "init field power on" another time and now I understand it is applying power before init the switches during automatic startup.

But my meaning is something like this:
http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=opendcc-en#setup
Regards,

Bert

woodyboy

Postby rjversluis » 26.12.2013, 12:38

Hi Bert,

in case of the OpenDCC Z1 its a hardware option.
Many other command stations also offer this option which can be set by its own menu on the device.
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby woodyboy » 26.12.2013, 13:04

A command station is normally the slave of the controlling program. By this thoughts the controlling program initializes the CS to a defined status. I do not notice any power initializing activity on the CAN bus to get the CS and Rocrail in sync during Rocrail startup. Or is my observation wrong?
Regards,

Bert

woodyboy

Postby woodyboy » 27.12.2013, 12:20

Hi Rob,

Thanks, the power off during exiting Rocrail is solved. Working like a charm! But how about initializing the power status between the GFP and Rocrail?
Regards,

Bert

woodyboy

Postby rjversluis » 27.12.2013, 13:49

Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby woodyboy » 28.12.2013, 08:44

Hi Rob,

Compliments for the fast implementation of the power on at startup option! It's working great.
Regards,

Bert

woodyboy

Return to CS2