**feature request** clearing current block at enter in next

Märklin Central Station 2

**feature request** clearing current block at enter in next

Postby woodyboy » 26.12.2013, 11:27

Is it possible to add a property to a loco to clear the prevous block on enter"ing" and enter2pre the current block. On a small or heavy loaded layout it gives a better look when blocks are freed when it is possible using small trains, fi railbusses and solo locomotives (<20cm).
Something like "enter2shortin"works, but that the train stops at the real "in" sensor.

For me this is the only functionality I miss at this time, or couldn't find...
Last edited by woodyboy on 29.12.2013, 18:32, edited 2 times in total.
Regards,

Bert

Equipment: Roco WLANMaus, MS2, Gleisbox 2x(separated switch & rollingstock). Ubuntu 16. Edits booster. Arduino: S88 CANbus interface & Ethernet-CANbus gateway
woodyboy

Postby rjversluis » 26.12.2013, 11:29

This topic has been discussed many times and the idea is rejected.
Freeing the previous block will only be triggered by an IN or Pre2IN event.
Best Regards, Rob.
:!: PS: Do not forget to attach the usual files.
:!: PS: Nicht vergessen die übliche Dateien an zu hängen.
[ macOS - Linux] - [ N: CBus - CAN-GCA ] - [ 0: RocNetNode - GCA-Pi ]
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby woodyboy » 26.12.2013, 16:19

Thanks for your answer. I couldn't find a thread about this topic freeing a previous block. But for now the Pre2In is a working solution. However for me it is something annoying that a train stops in the middle of nowhere if it couldn't allocate a next block. The previous block is released when the property stop at pre2in event is fired. In combination with increased breaktime is this solution sufficient to me.
Regards,

Bert

Equipment: Roco WLANMaus, MS2, Gleisbox 2x(separated switch & rollingstock). Ubuntu 16. Edits booster. Arduino: S88 CANbus interface & Ethernet-CANbus gateway
woodyboy

Postby andre0604 » 28.12.2013, 20:21

Hi all,

I think using enter for freeing up the previous bloc is a interesting idea. I don´t like to come up with the discussion again but can someone give me a link where this topic was discussed? I looked at my runnig trains and thought that this feature woild give more throughput for my trains.

Best regards

Andre
TAMS Easy Control, TAMS Booster B4, Viessmann S88, ESU Switchpilot, Arnold, Minitrix, Fleischmann Spur N, Win XP
andre0604

Postby rjversluis » 28.12.2013, 20:45

This will be **NOT** implemented.
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby andre0604 » 29.12.2013, 02:09

Hi Rob,

thanks for your links. So far I understand it is related to the layout if this option make sense. In my case the distance from bloc to bloc is very far and I need to install more blocs to get an earlier free up of the previous bloc.
I see there is a risk to use such option but that is related to the user. Anyway if you don´t like this option it is Ok. Rocrail is great.

Best regards

Andre
TAMS Easy Control, TAMS Booster B4, Viessmann S88, ESU Switchpilot, Arnold, Minitrix, Fleischmann Spur N, Win XP
andre0604

Postby rjversluis » 29.12.2013, 08:28

Hi Andre,

logically its not possible to free up the current block at enter of the next block.
Try to convince some railroad company to implement what you suggest...

Basically you have a weak layout design if you ask for this option.
Use the **shortin** event for short trains.

The subject of tis thread is wrong and should be changed in:

**feature request** clearing current block at enter in next block

:eot:
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby andre0604 » 29.12.2013, 12:51

Hi Rob,

Try to convince some railroad company to implement what you suggest...

Why? It is already implemented. I am using the unlock action for blocs and I am getting now the nice server message "block [b7] is unlocked by [*]; zomby loco is [G20000]" :D . The action is triggered by the wanted enter sensor. Rob, please don´t remove this feature... :D

Best regards

Andre
andre0604

Postby rjversluis » 29.12.2013, 13:50

Hi Andre,

what you are doing is not part of the automatic but just a user intervention for which the risk is all your. 8)
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Return to CS2