SOLVED **Feature request** programmable ports for MCS2 lib

Märklin Central Station 2

SOLVED **Feature request** programmable ports for MCS2 lib

Postby woodyboy » 26.12.2013, 12:51

If a configure a second MCS2 with ethernet interface, Rocrail complaints that it cannot bind a socket. The original Central Station is hardcoded to use dedicated TX en Rx ports.
If the ports of the MCS2 library are programmable then it is possible to use several GFP's indepently with it's own CAN gateways and separate IID's. In this way it is fi possible to have a separate programming track based on a GFP.

If there is some interest I can post in the HW DIY forum my arduino sketches and configuration which interfaces between the GFP and Rocrail.
Last edited by woodyboy on 28.01.2014, 23:38, edited 2 times in total.
Regards,

Bert

Equipment: Roco WLANMaus, MS2, Gleisbox 2x(separated switch & rollingstock). Ubuntu 16. Edits booster. Arduino: S88 CANbus interface & Ethernet-CANbus gateway
woodyboy

Postby rjversluis » 31.12.2013, 12:33

Hi Bert,

OK, make sense.
I will add this option.
Best Regards, Rob.
:!: PS: Do not forget to attach the usual files.
:!: PS: Nicht vergessen die übliche Dateien an zu hängen.
[ macOS - Linux] - [ N: CBus - CAN-GCA ] - [ 0: RocNetNode - GCA-Pi ]
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby rjversluis » 31.12.2013, 13:19

Starting with revision 6602 the RX/TX UDP ports can be optionally set.
Best Regards, Rob.
:!: PS: Do not forget to attach the usual files.
:!: PS: Nicht vergessen die übliche Dateien an zu hängen.
[ macOS - Linux] - [ N: CBus - CAN-GCA ] - [ 0: RocNetNode - GCA-Pi ]
rjversluis
Site Admin

Re: **Feature request** programmable ports for MCS2 library

Postby Richard-TX » 31.12.2013, 16:31

woodyboy wrote:If there is some interest I can post in the HW DIY forum my arduino sketches and configuration which interfaces between the GFP and Rocrail.

I would love to see your sketches and configuration data Bert. :bigsmile: Please post them!

Richard
Richard
Dallas/Fort Worth
Texas USA
Richard-TX

Postby woodyboy » 01.01.2014, 16:49

At first best wishes for 2014!

Rob, this is excellent! I've just adapted and tested my sketches. I had to leave before I could perform a full operational test, but first partly tests seems to be successful.

Both interfaces are adressed when I had configured two MCS2 controllers. No bind errors.

This change gives me, and maybe others, the possibility to control switches, sensors and trains seperately, each controlled by there own GFP.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,

Bert

Equipment: Roco WLANMaus, MS2, Gleisbox 2x(separated switch & rollingstock). Ubuntu 16. Edits booster. Arduino: S88 CANbus interface & Ethernet-CANbus gateway
woodyboy

Postby woodyboy » 01.01.2014, 18:21

A short description and the sketches are in the DIY area. http://forum.rocrail.net/viewtopic.php?p=61230#61230
Regards,

Bert

woodyboy

Return to CS2