SOLVED **feature request** command time and reset

Märklin Central Station 2

SOLVED **feature request** command time and reset

Postby woodyboy » 12.01.2014, 09:45

If a semaphore is defined with a pattern configuration then the command used for changing the aspect is relying on the default time of the GFP. The default is about 1 sec. The GFP has only a very limited number of devices that it can serve concurrently. I have done some testing and according to my results it is limited to three concurrent device in the same command time. Because at the fourth switch/semaphore command I receive no ack from the GFP on the CAN bus command that Rocrail generates.

My question is it possible to adapt the CS2 controller form to include a time for configuring a shorter default "Schaltzeit Zubehördecoder"? The CAN system command 0, Sub-CMD 6

Other question:
Is it possible to pickup the configured switch time in de signal dialog? Or have I missed something in the documentation? Because in my observation this CAN command:
Ethernet CAN pckt: 00 16 03 00 06 00 00 30 09 00 01 00 00
is in my configuration always used for a signal/semaphore with a pattern defined. This command defaults to the switch time from the GFP Central Station.

For a signal/semaphore with no pattern defined, the switch time from the dialog is picked up and generates, the for me expected CAN command:
Ethernet CAN pckt: 00 16 03 00 08 00 00 30 04 01 01 00 19
with the configured 250ms delay.

A more reliable solution should be if Rocrail commands the switches on and off. In the first command the "Schaltzeit" defined to "0", command time delay, and a explicit switch off command from Rocrail Conform the OpenDCC central station configuration of Rocrail.
I
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by woodyboy on 28.01.2014, 23:38, edited 5 times in total.
Regards,

Bert

Equipment: Roco WLANMaus, MS2, Gleisbox 2x(separated switch & rollingstock). Ubuntu 16. Edits booster. Arduino: S88 CANbus interface & Ethernet-CANbus gateway
woodyboy

Postby rjversluis » 12.01.2014, 10:12

Hi Bert,

signals are controlled with output commands if the switch flag is not set.
I can add the default switch time for the output commands in the mcs2 library.
Would that be sufficient?
Best Regards, Rob.
:!: PS: Do not forget to attach the usual files.
:!: PS: Nicht vergessen die übliche Dateien an zu hängen.
[ macOS - Linux] - [ N: CBus - CAN-GCA ] - [ 0: RocNetNode - GCA-Pi ]
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby woodyboy » 12.01.2014, 15:05

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your quick response. Your answer is not clear to me. You wrote:
signals are controlled with output commands if the switch flag is not set.

I have two signals defined, the one with the definition shown in the original post and the signal with the attached configuration. Both have the switch flag set. But I get for both a different CAN commands.
The first creates:
CAN pckt: 00 16 03 00 06 00 00 30 08 00 01 00 00

The configuration attached in this reply creates:
CAN pckt: 00 16 03 00 08 00 00 30 11 00 01 00 19

I think it is a good step to configure the mcs2 library with a configurable command time. The default 1 sec is nuts. A switch command of 250ms, the default of Rocrail, is reliable. It is even possible to go down to 200ms. But I'm talking for my situation.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,

Bert

Equipment: Roco WLANMaus, MS2, Gleisbox 2x(separated switch & rollingstock). Ubuntu 16. Edits booster. Arduino: S88 CANbus interface & Ethernet-CANbus gateway
woodyboy

Postby rjversluis » 12.01.2014, 15:27

In case of patterns the switch flag will be ignored and output commands are send to the library.

Ind MCS2 Outputs are translated the same as Switch commands but without a switch time.
I changed that so the swtime is used for those commands and this value can be adjusted by the MCS2 dialog. (6649+)
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby woodyboy » 12.01.2014, 15:53

Thanks!!!
Regards,

Bert

woodyboy

Postby woodyboy » 13.01.2014, 17:42

Hi Rob,

I downloaded and tested the 6650 version. But the results aren't as expected. I observe no default command timeout command on the CAN bus during initialization. I see only the reporter poll request and power on command during init. I expect also a command :
00 00 03 00 07 00 00 00 00 06 00 19 00 for 250ms default command/switch time

The switch time configured in the controller dialog cripples now the output command. This commands now shows:
00 16 03 00 06 00 00 30 0A 0 01 00 19
This command expects only 6 databytes so the hex 19 is discarded, because it relies on the default time from the GFP which is configured by the command above.

Can you fix this?
Regards,

Bert

woodyboy

Postby rjversluis » 13.01.2014, 18:22

I observe no default command timeout command on the CAN bus during initialization.

Sorry, but I can't follow you.
I wrote you that the output commands also will have set the switch time in the CAN message.
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby rjversluis » 13.01.2014, 18:24

woodyboy wrote:The switch time configured in the controller dialog cripples now the output command. This commands now shows:
00 16 03 00 06 00 00 30 0A 0 01 00 19
This command expects only 6 databytes so the hex 19 is discarded, because it relies on the default time from the GFP which is configured by the command above.

I corrected this.
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby woodyboy » 13.01.2014, 18:54

Hi Rob,

The defined switch time in the controller dialog should result in a CAN command send during init the central station like 00 00 03 00 07 00 00 00 00 06 00 19 00 This is a one time command.

Afterwards all commands like 00 16 03 00 06 00 00 30 0A 00 01 use the time set by the prior command.
The commands like 00 16 03 00 08 00 00 30 0A 00 01 00 19 use the time in the CAN packet

I hope this solves the question.
Regards,

Bert

woodyboy

Postby woodyboy » 15.01.2014, 23:42

Hi Rob,

Thanks for solving this! I noticed that the signals now all uses the same 8 byte command. Thanks for adapting this. First off line tests shows now a reliable functioning Gleisbox. This evening I separated the switch and signal commands to a separated central station from the loco commands. Now I have three central stations defined. Locos, sensors and switches/sensors. I like the way you developed Rocrail to support nummerous CSs. Great! I hope I have some time tomorrow evening to test the complete configuration.

for this 6675 is ok!
Regards,

Bert

woodyboy

Return to CS2