SOLVED Sensor status on status bar

Märklin Central Station 2

SOLVED Sensor status on status bar

Postby woodyboy » 04.03.2014, 14:04

Dear forum members,

My questions is about the red/green status indicators on the status bar. The wiki reads:
Remarks
Not all command stations report a separate status for sensor and accessory systems and will remain red.

Is this remark also true for for the CS2? Testing with Rocrail 6914.

I face no problem :D with the sensors status during operation, but I am doubting what the prerequisites are to get the indicator green :?:
But maybe the last question is better in the DIY area :coding:
Last edited by woodyboy on 09.03.2014, 21:44, edited 3 times in total.
Regards,

Bert

Equipment: Roco WLANMaus, MS2, Gleisbox 2x(separated switch & rollingstock). Ubuntu 16. Edits booster. Arduino: S88 CANbus interface & Ethernet-CANbus gateway
woodyboy

Re: Sensor status on status bar

Postby rjversluis » 04.03.2014, 14:17

Hi Bert,

the sensor state will be green after the first sensor/s88 event has been received in case polling is disabled. (6916+)
Best Regards, Rob.
:!: PS: Do not forget to attach the usual files.
:!: PS: Nicht vergessen die übliche Dateien an zu hängen.
[ macOS - Linux] - [ N: CBus - CAN-GCA ] - [ 0: RocNetNode - GCA-Pi ]
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby woodyboy » 04.03.2014, 16:12

Hi Rob,

Thanks!
Regards,

Bert

Equipment: Roco WLANMaus, MS2, Gleisbox 2x(separated switch & rollingstock). Ubuntu 16. Edits booster. Arduino: S88 CANbus interface & Ethernet-CANbus gateway
woodyboy

Postby woodyboy » 04.03.2014, 22:53

Also solved! Thanks for implementing. This gives a better look.
Regards,

Bert

woodyboy

Postby woodyboy » 08.03.2014, 23:08

Dear forummembers,

The indicator is green after startup and during normal and automatic operation. If I issue a start of Day then the sensor indicators on the status bar becomes red and never switch back to green again. A restart of Rocrail is necessary to get it back to green.
I observed the CAN bus activity, but I see no message where a response is requested from the sensors.
CS2 controller, Rocrail 6938. I observed this behaviour also in 6919.
Regards,

Bert

woodyboy

Postby rjversluis » 09.03.2014, 07:11

Hi Bert,

is the mcs2 the only one in your system or do you have multiple command stations which can report the status?
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby woodyboy » 09.03.2014, 11:08

Rob,

I have two (pseudo) command stations, the first, named GFP, has no feedback sensors defined, so protocol version 0. The second has the feedback sensors attached with protocol V2. It had no number sensors defined, protocol version configured to 2. During startup all went well, the sensor status goes green.

You triggered me to read the wiki again about the controller and it states that the nr of sensors had to be defined to get the status at startup. I changed it, in the attached ini file, but no luck. Same issue, sensor status turned red after issuing a start of Day.

Is it really needed to define the number of sensors? I would state only in version 1, in version 2 the bus should be plug&play. The sensor is defined in Rocrail otherwise it is ignored.

To get an actual status I totaly agree with the logic actual implemented in Rocrail to force an actual status view.
On startup I see a request, I suppose it is the undocumented one that request the complete status of the S88 bus.
Contents: 00 22 0300 7 00 00 00 00 3F FF FF 00
My system replies with the sensors which are actual active. The sensor status turns to green.

This request I don't see after issuing a start of Day. To my knowledge it is not necessary to ask for the actual status.
With version 1 the system polls, so at every cycle a start of day. ROFL and at the same :crying: for the wasted resources.
In version 2 at every sensor event, the status is reported as fast as the status changes.

So effectively I agree with you that a new status request is superfluous. But if this solves this behaviour of the sensor indicator, then for me it's no problem. I will be glad if it turns to green again.

Have a nice day and don't forget to enjoy the weather :D .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,

Bert

woodyboy

Postby woodyboy » 09.03.2014, 11:13

Hi Rob,

After replying I noticed that the third controller has also the feedback protocol defined. I changed the protocol version to zero, but the same result :(. Sensor stays red.
Last edited by woodyboy on 09.03.2014, 11:14, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,

Bert

woodyboy

Postby rjversluis » 09.03.2014, 11:14

All CSes will report; The last one does not have any sensors...
This requires an option to every CS in the rocrail.ini to report or not...
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby woodyboy » 09.03.2014, 11:17

In my remembrance I thought that protocol version 0 disables feedback.
Regards,

Bert

woodyboy

Postby woodyboy » 09.03.2014, 11:22

For testing I removed the third controller. The reporting S88 controller is now the last in the defined list. But the same behaviour.
Regards,

Bert

woodyboy

Postby rjversluis » 09.03.2014, 11:27

The report order is not the same as the order in the rocrail.ini.
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby rjversluis » 09.03.2014, 11:28

I could add an extra option: Report first CS only.
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby rjversluis » 09.03.2014, 11:46

Starting with revision 6945 you can add an extra attribute in the digint sections:
Code: Select all
reportstate="false"

which suppress reporting.
The only one library who is evaluating this new attribute is mcs2.
It can not be modified by dialog.

BTW: Don't worry; I'm enjoying the wetter on my balcony with my laptop and a beer. ;)
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby woodyboy » 09.03.2014, 12:01

Rob,

No problem, I will modify the ini with the new version tomorrow. Thanks for modifying! Now I will join my wife in the garden. Here with the tracklayout I'm at the wrong (northern) site. I can only see the sun :( here at the moment.
Regards,

Bert

woodyboy

Next

Return to CS2