[solved] androc throttle FEATURE REQUEST +/- button.

Android Mobile Client

[solved] androc throttle FEATURE REQUEST +/- button.

Postby rvooyen » 22.01.2013, 20:15

Code: Select all
I have been using the androc throttle to operate trains.
I request that the throttle display does NOT change aspect, while using it.

It is annoying to not be able to immediately hit the right control if you have moved the phone in your hand. (Aspect has changed)

I see no reason why the throttle should change aspect, it should emulate a hard controller so one knows where the buttons are.

Thanks for looking at this.

Regards,

Robert
Last edited by rvooyen on 15.02.2013, 00:20, edited 2 times in total.
Robert van Ooijen.
Building Rhineland2. 3 levels. CS=IB1-Loconet+HSI-s88, 70 blocks, 160 sensors, 4 boosters. M&K 3rail.
Goal: Scheduled Pass. trains, "OPS" with car cards etc.. Using andRoc and Rocweb/xs throttles.
Rocrail on WinXP.
rvooyen

Postby Pirat-Kapitan » 22.01.2013, 20:40

Hi Robert,
why do You do not fix Your screen ?
I mostly use pads and i fix the screen to (horizontal) widescreen, so it will not move to vertical screen, even if i turn my pad.

best regards
Johannes
Clearasilfahrer auf Spur G, Lenz LZV (3.6), ORD-20, Manhart-Funki und WLM, RS-Bus Rückmelder (Reedkontakte),
Rocrail auf RasPi ("raspiRoc") mit mobilen Geräten (andRoc). Details auf http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=use ... at-kapitan.
Pirat-Kapitan

Postby rjversluis » 22.01.2013, 21:54

Best Regards, Rob.
:!: PS: Do not forget to attach the usual files.
:!: PS: Nicht vergessen die übliche Dateien an zu hängen.
[ macOS - Linux] - [ N: CBus - CAN-GCA ] - [ 0: RocNetNode - GCA-Pi ]
rjversluis
Site Admin

androc

Postby rvooyen » 23.01.2013, 13:57

Thanks, I thought about this during the night. Of course you can fix the orientation, silly me.

Another thought is that the throttle bar is very sensitive and makes shunting (rangieren) difficult.

I would prefer to have a plus and minus button, with steps of say 5km, so you have a fixed speed.
The bar now is difficult to use to get a slow speeds.

Regards,

Robert
Robert van Ooijen.
Building Rhineland2. 3 levels. CS=IB1-Loconet+HSI-s88, 70 blocks, 160 sensors, 4 boosters. M&K 3rail.
Goal: Scheduled Pass. trains, "OPS" with car cards etc.. Using andRoc and Rocweb/xs throttles.
Rocrail on WinXP.
rvooyen

Postby rjversluis » 23.01.2013, 14:48

Hi Robert,

how about using F3 first before shunting?
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

androc

Postby rvooyen » 23.01.2013, 16:36

Hi Rob,

Can you explain F3, I have looked thru the documentation and can,t find anything on this.
Isee a Shunting function in the examples, but I do not habe this on my throttles.

So what does F3 do, and is it applicable for most decoders?

Thanks,

Robert
Robert van Ooijen.
Rocrail on WinXP.
rvooyen

Postby rjversluis » 23.01.2013, 16:57

Hi Robert,

German wrote:Rangiergang
Der Rangiergang halbiert die Geschwindigkeit. Eine besonders feinfühlige Regelung zum Rangieren wird so möglich. Mit der Funktion 3 (Werkseinstellung, kann in CV58 geändert werden)...

Shunting speed
The shunting speed halves the speed. This facilitates particularly sensitive control of the shunting process. Use function 3 (default setting, can be altered in CV58 ) to enable and disable the shunting speed. If the shunting speed is enabled, the constant braking distance is disabled. The shunting speed is enabled as long as the function is active.
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby agre30 » 23.01.2013, 17:14

Unfortunately Märklin doesn't have this function, at least not on mine. :(

Albert.
Albert,
Märklin 3-rail
Lubuntu 16.04 (server and client) / TamsMC - Booster B-2 / HSI88 / S88N
Stoom / steam / dampf / diesel / E-loc
agre30

Postby rjversluis » 23.01.2013, 17:15

Hi Albert,

its not related to Märklin; its a decoder function.

If you have a shunting loco without this function -> just swap the decoder.

BTW: I will not add +/- buttons in andRoc.
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

throttle androc

Postby rvooyen » 24.01.2013, 13:28

Or it is bit 6 of CV 33 (Uhlenbrock). I have set this.

Buttons would still be better for rangieren.

Perhaps eventually there might be an option to have a throttle for general use with the slide bar and one for rangieren with buttons.

Regards,

Robert
Robert van Ooijen.
Rocrail on WinXP.
rvooyen

Postby rjversluis » 24.01.2013, 13:40

Hi Robert,

did you activate:

Use all speed steps
Option for decoders with 127/128 speed steps to set the slider resolution 1:1.

See:
http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=and ... en#options
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Buttons instead of slide bar. Request for modify. (again)

Postby rvooyen » 13.02.2013, 23:33

Hi Rob and all,

I have now been using the phone and tablet regularly for shunting (rangieren) for my "operations". Film on youtube.
Also I have others help with operation and gave them my smartphone with andRoc.

The comments they and I still have are that it is difficult to smoothly do shunting work using the current slide bar. (sensitivity).

Even though the locs are on F3 AND I set the top speed to 500km to get some less sensitivity - this helped a bit, the function is still not smooth.
The main reason is that as soon as you remove your finger from the slide and place it back the speed jumps up or down. You have to keep your finger on the slide ALL the time to not have speeds jumping about, this is not always possible when doing shunting and admin of the cars.

I have TWO reasons for suggesting buttons (+5km and -5km).
One is per above and the second is for improved Rocrail performance.

1. Per above the buttons will allow a user to set a single speed and a SINGLE command can be sent to the loc. One can let go of the phone for a moment and come back and accurately again set the speed, in defined steps. One knows exactly what speed one is setting every time. :)

2. Rocrail performance is improved because:
With the slide bar I see that there are lots and lots (hundreds?) of individual speed commands being sent every time the slide is moved. This is a high load on the WIFI with potenetial overload/data loss. I think this is a very poor way to control the locs - why do hundreds of commands have to be sent per the slide bar? There must be a better way.

So:
The buttons will allow a SINGLE command to be sent for each button press, thereby reducing data load greatly and so also better performance.

For these two (valid I think) reasons I again suggest a re-look at loc control with the mobile devices.

Many thanks - we are really enjoying the hobby and Rocrail is a very important part of being able to run trains to timetables AND do freight operations!!

Regards,

Robert
Robert van Ooijen.
Rocrail on WinXP.
rvooyen

Postby rjversluis » 14.02.2013, 10:30

Hi Robert,

if you use 28 steps instead of 128 you will have full control on each step with the slider.
But if you need 128 steps, and want to send every speed step, you need broad band WiFi. ;-)

I will have a look at the slider class and maybe I extend it with the "Step Buttons" option to show [V] [A] instead of the slider...
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby rjversluis » 14.02.2013, 19:40

Hi Robert,

you can test andRoc 390:

http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=and ... en#options
http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=and ... ottle_loco

The buttons are not yet very nice, but it should do for a start.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

WUNDERBAR FABELHAFT, Fantastic.

Postby rvooyen » 15.02.2013, 00:29

Rob,

The buttons work fabelhaftlich!

This is exactly what is required. Shunting/switching/rangeren works wonderfully well. You do not even need shuntmode (F3) anymore!

The speed remains as requested even if you put the phone down and pick it up later.

Thank you very much for this quick turn around!!! :lol:

The only comment is that the steps (2km/h or 3km/h) are very fine so you hit a lot of buttons. I think 4-5km/h steps might be optimal, but it is great also as it is now.

ROCRAIL FOREVER some have said, maybe they are right.

Love it!

This is a great improvement and if I were Rocrail I would publish this as a major new feature. Particularly for those doing operations with lots of switching (rangieren) as the yanks say.

All the best,

Robert

Regards,

Robert
Robert van Ooijen.
Rocrail on WinXP.
rvooyen

Next

Return to andRoc