RocJ -A Java Client-

Java Swing Client

Postby mserrano » 18.06.2010, 18:26

Here a sreenshot of rocj running on W7.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mserrano

Postby rjversluis » 19.06.2010, 15:49

Hi,

I noticed that Mac OS X Leopard PPC does not have the Java 6 but only Java 5.
After checking the issues I did a little down grading to get RocJ also running with Java 5.

Check revision 105 if you do not have Java 6 on your device.
Best Regards, Rob.
:!: PS: Do not forget to attach the usual files.
:!: PS: Nicht vergessen die übliche Dateien an zu hängen.
[ macOS - Linux] - [ N: CBus - CAN-GCA ] - [ 0: RocNetNode - GCA-Pi ]
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby aschauer » 25.06.2010, 16:34

Great, I will test it Soon! Super!

Alwin
aschauer

Postby aschauer » 25.06.2010, 16:58

Hi,

I will get a connection. See the Server Logs in the Window, Albhausen name at the top, but no Trackplan. I used the XML Spy, found one error, repaired it, but also no Trackplan.
Can Somebody help me and watch my plan?

Alwin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
aschauer

Postby ron&bram » 25.06.2010, 18:56

Hi Alwin,

A quick scan reveals:

track definitions at lines 54, 56, 79, 80, 90, 91 have an empty type, at line the text definition is missing its text field.

Usually starting RocJ from a command line in a terminal and watching the the messages (or redirect the standard output and standard error to a file) reveals a lot.

Best regards, Ronald
Best regards, Viele Grüsse, vriendelijke groeten, Ronald :rr_cap:
GCA85/50/93/145/146/153 Loconet, Twincenter+booster for locs, seperate booster for accessory decoders, dedicated laptop with XP and Ubuntu for Rocrail, AndRoc, LGB indoor OTF layout
ron&bram

Postby rjversluis » 26.06.2010, 05:57

Hi Alwin,

you can try revision 106 which I tested with your layout.
https://launchpad.net/rocrail/snapshot/snapshot
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby aschauer » 26.06.2010, 07:34

Super Rob,

It will work, great!

Hi Ron,

is there a problem, that I should repair the planfile? because when I drive I had no problems?
Thanx

Alwin
aschauer

Postby aschauer » 26.06.2010, 08:54

Hoi Friends,

I like to say, that RocJ is the best thing I ever seen for model Railroad directing!

Great, this gives complete new oportuities to design the it architecture in the moba room. I thought a lot to buy some hand directors like Märklin mobile station - It will not need, cause now I will use some pads or EEEPCs - design is perfect! Easy to Use! Very fine!

Alwin
aschauer

Postby rjversluis » 26.06.2010, 11:26

Hi Alwin,

is there a problem, that I should repair the planfile? because when I drive I had no problems?

No, unless the XML is not well formed like double attributes in the same node.
Rocview does not care about such minor bugs, but RocJ is using the Java SAX parser and is very sensitive. ;-)
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby aschauer » 26.06.2010, 15:19

Hi Rob,

ok, I will check it manually.

But sorry for the time I repeat me, this is the greatest thing. it makes so much fun to drive with, really great!

Alwin
aschauer

Postby rjversluis » 26.06.2010, 15:39

Hey Alwin,

thanks for the compliment! :-)

I rejected the idea to develop an App for iPad because of the horrible Apple conditions for developers and started as alternative with RocJ.

Its a pity that Apples iPad does not support Java, but the market will be soon flooded with Pads/MIDs of any kind. (See Ronalds alternative.)

NetBooks are also of interest, but there aren't many with touch screens jet.
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby ron&bram » 03.07.2010, 20:48

Hi Rob,

I have made my own svg symbols for the doors of the locoshed. These doors are opened and closed with servo motors. The servo's are controlled by an accessory decoder. In Rocrail they are defined as switches, type accessory, with a number in the 50 range. That way, when a route is set, the "doorswitch" is part of all the switches in that route and is opened automatically and locked. Ofcourse, RocJ knows nothing about my special accessory symbols and cannot find them. Would it be possible to have have a simple button, like for an output, but to distinquish them, rectangular, when an accessory-xx symbol is not found? Now I just have empty space, although when clicking the right spot, I can still operate the doors.

Best regards, Ronald

P.S. Since I have not used the manual route settings and manual operation for over a year, I have thrown them all out of the current plan. This created enough "space" to condense the plan drawing so that it now fits completely on the mid's screen, without having to scroll anymore.
GCA85/50/93/145/146/153 Loconet, Twincenter+booster for locs, seperate booster for accessory decoders, dedicated laptop with XP and Ubuntu for Rocrail, AndRoc, LGB indoor OTF layout
ron&bram

Postby rjversluis » 03.07.2010, 21:58

Hi Ronald,

did you check this option:
http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=roc ... ory_images
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby ron&bram » 04.07.2010, 09:56

Hi Rob,

I converted the svg symbols to png. They now show up in RocJ, the only funny thing is that the symbol accessory-##-on.svg from Rocview has to be renamed into accessory_##_off_1.png (and vice versa) in RocJ to get the two image states synchronised.

Best regards, Ronald
ron&bram

Postby rjversluis » 04.07.2010, 11:21

Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Previous

Return to RocJ