[solved] RocJ only shows system and clock tab. No layout

Java Swing Client

[solved] RocJ only shows system and clock tab. No layout

Postby schnoesel124 » 30.01.2015, 12:06

Hi all

RocJ is only showing the "system" and the "clock" tab. The name of the layout is also shown so the connection to the server must be there somehow but the layout tab will not load.

I have checked the xml file with the "altova" tool and it should be "well sized". It also created an "xsd" file.

What do I do wrong? Previously (with another layout and an older version Rocrail) it worked really fine.

Its the same both with an eeePC and xubuntu 14.04, another PC with ubuntu desktop 14.04 and windows7.

Thanks very much in advnace for any advice.

I have attached the xml file the rocrail.ini the new created xsd file and a picture of RocJ how it looks.

With kind regards

Jan Martin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by schnoesel124 on 02.02.2015, 13:26, edited 1 time in total.
schnoesel124

Re: RocJ only shows system and clock tab. No layout

Postby rjversluis » 30.01.2015, 12:12

Hi Martin,

check if your XML is well formed:
http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=roc ... l_not_load
Best Regards, Rob.
:!: PS: Do not forget to attach the usual files.
:!: PS: Nicht vergessen die übliche Dateien an zu hängen.
[ macOS - Linux] - [ N: CBus - CAN-GCA ] - [ 0: RocNetNode - GCA-Pi ]
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby LDG » 30.01.2015, 12:23

Hi Martin,

ich habe sowohl mit Version 147 als auch 166 (aktuell) den Plan laden können. Du hast Version 152 !
Es fehlen aber die Lok-Definitionen aus Datei "/home/strittedyr/rocrail/20130913130918226-plan.xml" :?

Gruß,
Lothar
LDG
Site Admin

Postby schnoesel124 » 31.01.2015, 14:15

Hi Rob and Lothar

Thanks very much for your answers.

@Rob: I have tried to check the xml file for "well formedness". The first tool says it is well formed but is missing an xsd file which it then created. But where do I have to put this xsd file?

The other tool just said that it wasn't possible to check the file.

These feedbacks do not really help me. But I am right now trying with older (and more simple) plan files and there RocJ is working. But I still have no idea what I have to avoid to keep the xml file well formed?

I was hoping someone could give me some more detailed advice?

@Lothar: I can only start RocJ with the Web-start button on the rocrail homepage. Or from the "recent" line in the Java control panel. I can of course download the newest version but have no idea how to install and start it.

About the loco-definitions:
I cannot remember since which rocrail version there are 2 xml files, one for the track plan and one for the loco definitions.

Even though RocJ now (again) is working it won't show the loco pictures. What do I have to do to make RocJ able to access the loco pictures?

They are now placed in the /home/*user*/rocrail/images directory. Do I have to place them in /opt/rocrail/***?

Thanks very much in advance for your answers.

With best regards
schnoesel124

Postby rjversluis » 31.01.2015, 14:29

schnoesel124 wrote:@Lothar: I can only start RocJ with the Web-start button on the rocrail homepage. Or from the "recent" line in the Java control panel. I can of course download the newest version but have no idea how to install and start it.

I just updated it to the latest version.
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby rjversluis » 31.01.2015, 14:33

Hi,

its no problem loading your plan into RocJ.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Re: [solved] RocJ only shows system and clock tab. No layout

Postby schnoesel124 » 02.02.2015, 13:30

Hi Rob

Thanks very much for your answer. I think the problem was the crossing on the left side of block 06 (missing in the picture).

But it's nice it's working now :-)

With best regards

Jan Martin
schnoesel124

Return to RocJ