RocwebXS: HTML5 Throttle only

All about the Rocrail WEB solution.

RocwebXS: HTML5 Throttle only

Postby rvooyen » 19.06.2016, 17:04

Re

rjversluis wrote:
Try Rocweb; Androc is only maintained for the ESU Mobile Control.

Just my two cents on androc. It works great and is fast and stable on the display of the phone/tablet.
It would be a real shame if we ever have to move to only use rocweb, which although quite functional, rocweb is a little disconcerting for non-educated users (scaling, loc display moves about etc).

If this were the case eg. (rocweb only available) then I would suggest another web based client function - ("rocweb simple"=web throttle) for stability, speed etc, eg no maps and stuff and loc display is fixed - not a window moving about.

Guest users during operations only need to control a loco and this should be as simple and stable as possible. This is all not needed for the time being since androc is great.

Robert
Last edited by rvooyen on 23.06.2016, 07:56, edited 1 time in total.
Robert van Ooijen.
Building Rhineland2. 3 levels. CS=IB1-Loconet+HSI-s88, 70 blocks, 160 sensors, 4 boosters. M&K 3rail.
Goal: Scheduled Pass. trains, "OPS" with car cards etc.. Using andRoc and Rocweb/xs throttles.
Rocrail on WinXP.
rvooyen

RocwebXS

Postby RedTrain » 20.06.2016, 14:28

Hello all

For such a hypothetical scenario, I would support Roberts view of an (additional) simple and fast no-frills Rocweb-type train controller.
Just loco -selection, -control, -functions.
Beste Grüsse / kind regards - Carlo

[H0m 2L DCC] Layout "Rhaetian Flyer" Swiss Proto-Freelance RhB+FO+zB; 6% completed, partly operational
W10, Ubuntu 16.04, Rocweb, andRoc; CANbus GC1e, GC3-ORD3, GC2, GC6; Bemo, Peco, handlaid;
RedTrain

Re: Missing text in buttons on Android 6

Postby rjversluis » 20.06.2016, 14:52

Hi Carlo & Robert,
RedTrain wrote:For such a hypothetical scenario, I would support Roberts view of an (additional) simple and fast no-frills Rocweb-type train controller.
Just loco -selection, -control, -functions.

RocwebXS
Best Regards, Rob.
:!: PS: Do not forget to attach the usual files.
:!: PS: Nicht vergessen die übliche Dateien an zu hängen.
[ macOS - Linux] - [ N: CBus - CAN-GCA ] - [ 0: RocNetNode - GCA-Pi ]
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby RedTrain » 20.06.2016, 22:21

RocwebXS

:lol: exactly! :lol:

[H0m 2L DCC] Layout "Rhaetian Flyer" Swiss Proto-Freelance RhB+FO+zB; 6% completed, partly operational
W10, Ubuntu 16.04, Rocweb, andRoc; CANbus GC1e, GC3-ORD3, GC2, GC6; Bemo, Peco, handlaid;
RedTrain

Postby rjversluis » 22.06.2016, 09:36

Hi Carlo,
RedTrain wrote:RocwebXS

:lol: exactly! :lol:

check this:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Re: RocwebXS (Throttle)

Postby rvooyen » 22.06.2016, 10:47

It would need to include the long button second display with schedule and destination selection. Eg the functions associated with operating a loc, auto, halfauto and manually.

Maybe need to start a new topic called RocwebXS.

Robert
Last edited by rvooyen on 23.06.2016, 07:57, edited 1 time in total.
Robert van Ooijen.
Building Rhineland2. 3 levels. CS=IB1-Loconet+HSI-s88, 70 blocks, 160 sensors, 4 boosters. M&K 3rail.
Goal: Scheduled Pass. trains, "OPS" with car cards etc.. Using andRoc and Rocweb/xs throttles.
Rocrail on WinXP.
rvooyen

Postby rjversluis » 22.06.2016, 11:02

Hi Robert,
rvooyen wrote:Maybe need to start a new topic called RocwebXS.

I just started a new thread.
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Re: RocwebXS (Throttle)

Postby RedTrain » 23.06.2016, 11:17

Hi Rob

Just tried RocwebXS - looking good! :)

First feedback -
I tested with Chrome Version 51.0.2704.xxx on 2x LG Joy (low end smartphone mit Android 4.4.2) + Samsung S6 (Android 5.1.1) + Nexus 7 tablet (Android 5.1.1.) + local browser

1st LG Joy + Samsung S6: both running fine
- Initialization: takes 10-20 seconds before the first command is executed - this is a bit irritating at first. After this initial delay, the response is quick; is there a specific reason for it?
- Button: the custom button labels for loco functions are not centered, but shifted somewhat to the right, maybe a fixed px-no of left border size. The shift appears larger on a smaller display.
- Button: when a button is pressed, the blue 'I am activ' halo stays on until another button is pressed
Screenshot_2016-06-23-11-46-19.png

- From a quick check, all functions work fine, including Auto-on /-off and Power off long click.

2nd LG Joy + Nexus tablet + local browser
- on these 2devices and the local browser, the loco list is not showing for some reason
- the 2nd LG Joy is identical to the 1st LG Joy that works fine
- Loco selection: the loco list ist not being displayed, just a small pop-up, labelled 'Loco list' - screenshot attached
Screenshot_2016-06-23-11-10-59.png

The RR and Rocview files are here:
issue.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

RedTrain

Re: RocwebXS: HTML5 Throttle only

Postby rjversluis » 23.06.2016, 11:22

Hi Carlo,

just to clear things:
Rocweb and RocwebXS are sharing the same html and javascript files; The implementation is the same for both.
Check if Rocweb runs OK on the devices before testing RocwebXS.
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby rjversluis » 23.06.2016, 11:23

Initialization: takes 10-20 seconds before the first command is executed - this is a bit irritating at first. After this initial delay, the response is quick; is there a specific reason for it?

This delay depends on the used hardware. Even RocwebXS must parse the whole plan.xml to pick out the tables it needs.
The bigger the plan.xml the longer the initial delay.
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby rjversluis » 23.06.2016, 11:39

Button: when a button is pressed, the blue 'I am activ' halo stays on until another button is pressed

Not active, but has focus.
Thats the Browsers implementation; Could be a setting of the browser.
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby rvooyen » 23.06.2016, 13:55

Hi Rob,

I know Throttle is a WIP.

I have now tried it (11245).

The display is fixed and stable - perfect!
Some issues on playing with it for the first time:

- The initialization is slow (blue halo become active) read your explanation above, would beg the question to have a separate module that does not need to parse all the stuff not used.

- Switching locs. The pervious loc began to run while the new loc was on display (per above I guess) I finally got used to waiting for the blue halo to appear.
- Some loc related menu items to be added (eg preferences such as Speed buttons Up/down.)
- Menu to be able to set auto/halfauto/manual and current block and destination or schedule. (all loc related). The current XS can only be used stand alone eg for shunting in a yard. WIP - I assume these things will come along with revisions.

So good start, but uninitiated users may get upset with the blue halo and having to wait, hope this can be removed down the road.

Robert
Robert van Ooijen.
Rocrail on WinXP.
rvooyen

Postby rjversluis » 23.06.2016, 14:20

Hi Carlo & Robert,

I found the parsing problem which threw many exceptions in the browser and slowed down the initialisation badly.
Just check the next revision, or replace the rocweb.js file with this attachment.
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby RedTrain » 23.06.2016, 17:19

Hi Rob

Thanks for the explanations - :)
- Left border on Buttons: If these could be made thinner, it would benefit smaller displays. Longer labels could be read fully. Maybe this is a library setting, or similar?
- Loco Selection: Sorry, this must have been a glitch on my side. Now all devices run Rocweb & RocwebXS with no problems.
- Init: I have replaced rocweb.js. Parsing times are pretty swift for a local browser window on the notebook. They remain similar on the mobile devices. Once initialised, the throttle is nicely responsive, also on the low end LG smartphone.
Thank you! - IMHO this is a great addition to Rocweb and a perfect throttle for manual and shunting operation - Magic, how quickly you have shaken that off your sleeves! :thumb_up:

Robert has brought up some interesting thoughts on additional functions. I can follow this for block, schedule selection and the like, especially when operating in half-auto. But I lack some experience here to comment.

RedTrain

Postby rjversluis » 23.06.2016, 18:05

Hi Carlo,

Robert wrote:
Guest users during operations only need to control a loco and this should be as simple and stable as possible. This is all not needed for the time being since androc is great.
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Next

Return to Rocweb