Add parts of the Programming Tabs to RocWeb

All about the Rocrail WEB solution.

Add parts of the Programming Tabs to RocWeb

Postby Dagnall » 18.02.2017, 16:56

HI, Rocweb is great for walking around a layout and controlling things by wireless.
But It is missing one feature that would make life much easier when setting up or "trimming" layouts.
This is access to the Rocrail Programming features.
What I would love to see would be to have access to an equivalent to the RocnetNode / Pi03 Channel /"fine_tune" tab.
The reason for this is that for a garden railway, I need to set the throw for the servos for the points. At the moment this means setting them in the shed, then hoping that they have the same trim values with different drivers actually out in the garden. And then rushing backwards and forwards trimming them....Good for the figure, but frustrating....

If we could have a "fine tune" trim in rocweb, then we could set the positions actually "in the field", just using a phone.
I am sure that this would be helpful in general, even for smaller layouts..

Ideally, we would duplicate the whole programming tab in rocweb, so it would work for all programming types, but if not, perhaps you could manage just a "fine tune" tab for Rocnet?

Dagnall
ESP8266 Based RocNet Universal 8 i/o decoder and Mobile Decoder. http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=users:dagnall53:description
G Scale 3D printed Locos and wagons : (on Thingyverse)
Dagnall

Re: Add parts of the Programming Tabs to RocWeb

Postby rjversluis » 18.02.2017, 17:14

Hi Dagnall,

Rocweb if only for controlling the layout.
For advanced features you can use a small wireless laptop or Linux/Windows based tablet.
Best Regards, Rob.
:!: PS: Do not forget to attach the usual files.
:!: PS: Nicht vergessen die übliche Dateien an zu hängen.
[ macOS - Linux] - [ N: CBus - CAN-GCA ] - [ 0: RocNetNode - GCA-Pi ]
rjversluis
Site Admin

Re: Add parts of the Programming Tabs to RocWeb

Postby Dagnall » 25.02.2017, 15:32

Thanks..
Small Linux based tablet approach is a good idea.
Dagnall
ESP8266 Based RocNet Universal 8 i/o decoder and Mobile Decoder. http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=users:dagnall53:description
G Scale 3D printed Locos and wagons : (on Thingyverse)
Dagnall

Return to Rocweb