Issues with direction button

Issues with direction button

Postby mgxtreme » 08.02.2017, 08:31

Hi

I hope someone maybe able to help.

I am having trouble with the direction button on the Android App.

The issue is you select the direction button to set a loco to reverse but as soon as you then select a speed step or press the throttle button to start a loco moving it reverts back to the loco moving forwards.

It appears to be random as some loco all is fine and some show this issue. If you keep pressing the direction button followed by a speed but in quick succession it eventually holds the reverse direction and the loco start to go backwards

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Rob
Kind Regards

Rob
mgxtreme

Re: Issues with direction button

Postby rvooyen » 08.02.2017, 18:50

Hi,

I use andRoc all the time, in fact I almost only use andRoc. I do a LOT of shunting/switching/rangieren with lots of direction changes.
I have not seen your problem.

What CS are you using? This may be the culprit.

Robert
Robert van Ooijen.
Building Rhineland2. 3 levels. CS=IB1-Loconet+HSI-s88, 70 blocks, 160 sensors, 4 boosters. M&K 3rail.
Goal: Scheduled Pass. trains, "OPS" with car cards etc.. Using andRoc and Rocweb/xs throttles.
Rocrail on WinXP.
rvooyen

Postby mgxtreme » 08.02.2017, 20:08

Hi

Our command station is a Bachmann Dynamis Ultima which I understand to be a version of the ESU Navigator.

Thanks

Rob
Kind Regards

Rob
mgxtreme

Postby mgxtreme » 10.02.2017, 11:04

Hello All

I have done some further investigations and it appears the issues is not isolated to just the Android App.

When using software on my PC when you select the direction button it you see the direction change in the top left corner as per the attached picture and then it instantly flips back to the previous direction. Whilst the loco is moving forward if you select the direction button it does more of often than not change direction of the loco.

On the App the same happens when a loco is stationary the direction flips the way you desire but as soon as you apply the throttle the direction flips back and the loco moves.

This happens on all locos in the loco table

I also have 2 Bachmann Dynamis Ultima controllers and both have the same h/w and s/w versions and both exhibit the same issue.

The command station works fine in all other aspects with RocRail such as function selection, point changes it just this direction issue.

If you use the hand controller supplied with the Bachmann this problem does not manifest itself and loco direction change is all fine.

RocRail Config:
Windows 7 64 Bit
RocRail Build 11930
Command Station: Bachmann Dynamis Ultimta

Any suggests would be most welcome on how to resolve this (and not the suggestions that state change your command station :D )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kind Regards

Rob
mgxtreme

Postby rvooyen » 10.02.2017, 13:45

I am not familiar with the bachman cs. Just a suggestion. Have you used the speed buttons eg up down on the app?

Otherwise think this is an issue for the developer or others with the bachman cs. Sorry cant help further.
I suggest you do a restart.
Then do one example of the problem.
Then immediately create an issue using the issue function.
Save this to a folder and then.
Create a new topic starting with [issue] Change dir.......etc
Attach the issue.zip to the post.
This contains all the relevant files.

Hope others can then help.

Robert
Robert van Ooijen.
Building Rhineland2. 3 levels. CS=IB1-Loconet+HSI-s88, 70 blocks, 160 sensors, 4 boosters. M&K 3rail.
Goal: Scheduled Pass. trains, "OPS" with car cards etc.. Using andRoc and Rocweb/xs throttles.
Rocrail on WinXP.
rvooyen

Postby mgxtreme » 10.02.2017, 15:21

Thanks Rob

I have posted a new topic starting with [Issue] in the English Forum - > Command Stations - > Other Command Stations and have uploaded the issue zip file

Regards

Rob
Kind Regards

Rob
mgxtreme

Return to andRoc/RC-CAB (DE)