[solved] Some padRoc issues

iPad based Rocrail client

Re: some comments on Padroc

Postby pit » 09.07.2014, 20:19

Dear,

1) I hope your comments don't concern myself because NOT ONLY I paid for padroc BUT I ALSO paid for rocrail itself (did you mister Richards ?). SO, AGAIN (because it's not the first time you play with me about this, treat me with respect. I not only pay the car, i also pay the petro EVEN when it's not necessary (donation..............).

2) I insist: there is a bug on the button where the speed is displayed. AS already explained, when you change the function panel from F1... F8 to F9 ... F12 via Fn button, the word "VERSION" (not "review" as I said in my previous) appear on the direction button in place of the speed. And it's the last version of padroc.

3) Icon: yes I know the icons are scaled (remember: I use the prorgam...). But the result is not very "sweet".
pit

Postby rjversluis » 10.07.2014, 05:51

pit wrote:2) I insist: there is a bug on the button where the speed is displayed. AS already explained, when you change the function panel from F1... F8 to F9 ... F12 via Fn button, the word "VERSION" (not "review" as I said in my previous) appear on the direction button in place of the speed. And it's the last version of padroc.

Release is on the direction button.

pit wrote:3) Icon: yes I know the icons are scaled (remember: I use the prorgam...). But the result is not very "sweet".

Screen shot?
Attach your Icon file?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best Regards, Rob.
:!: PS: Do not forget to attach the usual files.
:!: PS: Nicht vergessen die übliche Dateien an zu hängen.
[ macOS - Linux] - [ N: CBus - CAN-GCA ] - [ 0: RocNetNode - GCA-Pi ]
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby pit » 10.07.2014, 19:52

Hi rjversluis,

indeed "release" is on the direction button, that's the problem.
In french (as I use PAdRoc in french language) "Version" is the translation of "Release".

So, I attached screenshot of the app (in fact phtos because I don't know how to make screenshot on an Ipad....)

I begin to use PadRoc.
Command panel is fine, i see the direction and the speed in the direction button -> "< 62"
PADROC1.jpeg

Now, I want to use the FN12 button.
So I Push on the "Fg" button.
Problem: I don't see anymore the direction nor the speed in the direction button but the word "Version" !
PADROC2.jpeg

I switch to the next FN button series by pushing on "Fg".
Again, same problem: I don't see anymore the direction nor the speed but "Version"
PADROC3.jpeg

of course, whatever the function button I want to use, I want to continue to see the direction and the speed in the direction button and not this unusefull word "Version"...

If this is not a bug, i don't know what's a bug :?

Pit
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pit

Postby pit » 10.07.2014, 19:54

To be complete: this test has been done with your server "rocrail.dyndns.org" so you will be able to reproduce it without problem
pit

Postby rjversluis » 11.07.2014, 05:49

I removed the "Release" functionality from the direction button in version 219.
padRoc does not have a "Dispatch" function so the Release is obsolete.

If you had attached your Icon I also had have a look at it...

AppStore wrote:The status for the following app has changed to Waiting For Review.

App Name: padRoc
App Version Number: 219
Best Regards, Rob.
:!: PS: Do not forget to attach the usual files.
:!: PS: Nicht vergessen die übliche Dateien an zu hängen.
[ macOS - Linux] - [ N: CBus - CAN-GCA ] - [ 0: RocNetNode - GCA-Pi ]
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby pit » 11.07.2014, 10:28

rjversluis,

ok thanks !
will wait for the update :)

about icon.
- not a real problem, just a nice to have
- do you know if ther e is a way to do screenshot on the Ipad ?
pit

Postby Richard-TX » 11.07.2014, 14:17

pit wrote:Dear,

1) I hope your comments don't concern myself because NOT ONLY I paid for padroc BUT I ALSO paid for rocrail itself (did you mister Richards ?).

I did as a matter of fact. I got the "forever" license. I started paying Rob for yearly licenses and for features that I requested. Because his level of support is so good, I decided to get a "forever" license. He deserves at least that. Rob's level of support is better than any other software product out there. I do mean ANY. I am an IT professional and have seen all manner of support. I have not seen anything that even comes close to the level of support that Rob gives us. If a bug is discovered, once replicated, a new build is just hours away. That is just unheard of in the IT industry.

As far as I am concerned everyone should buy a lifetime license.
Last edited by Richard-TX on 11.07.2014, 14:27, edited 1 time in total.
Richard
Dallas/Fort Worth
Texas USA
Richard-TX

Postby HDW_64625 » 11.07.2014, 14:26

pit wrote:- do you know if ther e is a way to do screenshot on the Ipad ?

Just press the homekey and the powerkey at the same time.
Gruß aus Bensheim

Holger

M-Gleis / Delta Control 4F / Win XP SP3 / DDX / S88 (LDT) über LPT1 / (IRoc/padRoc) Rocweb
LENZ / ESU (3.0, 3.5 und 4.0 mit und ohne Sound) / fx (nur noch 2!) / ESU Switch Piloten und ESU LokProgrammer
HDW_64625

Postby pit » 13.07.2014, 09:22

1 ) Richards: I took a licence for two years. It's a good beginning I think... I will look at the "forever" licence (I didn't see this option).
2) HDW: thanks ! :)

Cheers

Pit
pit

Postby Richard-TX » 13.07.2014, 19:30

The "forever" license is something you have to send a email to Rob about. He doesn't get many requests for that.
Richard
Dallas/Fort Worth
Texas USA
Richard-TX

Previous

Return to padRoc