[Solved] MERG CBUS CANACE8C to Rocrail problem

http://www.merg.org.uk/merg_resources/cbus.php

[Solved] MERG CBUS CANACE8C to Rocrail problem

Postby BrianW » 29.11.2012, 20:56

As a new member, I hope I've posted this in the correct forum with sufficient information, if not please let me know.

I downloaded Rocrail a week ago and was very pleased with the quality and user friendliness of the software, however I have now hit a problem for which I cannot find a solution in the online manual, Rocrail forum or MERG forum, so would appreciate any advice on solving it.

I have a test layout comprising one turnout with ½ metre of track on each of the 3 legs. Each of the 3 legs is configured as a block section with MERG DTC8 block detector fed into CBUS via a CANACE8C module. I run the layout with a MERG CANCMD module (all modules were purchased and built this year).
The blocks are:
‘Platform 1’ with detector ‘LTB2’ at Bus 5 Address 7
‘Platform 2’ with detector ‘LTB4’ at Bus 5 Address 5
‘Approach’ with detector ‘LTB6’ at Bus 5 Address 3
Sensors are configured as ent2in and linked to appropriate blocks.

With the track plan loaded, I can run a loco and switch the turnout in manual mode from my Windows 7 laptop, the Command window correctly reports turnout switching and block events e.g. short event 5:7 ON when loco goes into Platform 1 block, short event 5:7 OFF when loco moves out etc, however the green sensor buttons on the track plan do not change colour when the loco moves in or out of the blocks.

When run in auto mode, the route is set, the loco starts, but does not stop in the destination block, even though the Controller window identifies it’s arrival (e.g. short event 5:7 ON). If the sensor icon is clicked turning it red, the loco then stops, waits and sets off to the next destination, whereupon the same thing happens again.

I have noted from the Server window (black background), that each block detector event lists date and time information (the same for both the following lines), followed by (this example for arrival in ‘Platform 1’ block)
r9999c cbreader OCBUS 0711 short event 5:7 ON
r9999I 00001170 OModel1 3275 unregistered event 0:7:0

I don’t know whether the ‘unregistered event’ is the problem, whether I have something configured incorrectly, whether the CANACE8C is sending the wrong information, or whether there is some other explanation. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Regards

Brian
Last edited by BrianW on 06.12.2012, 09:39, edited 1 time in total.
BrianW

Postby ron&bram » 30.11.2012, 09:04

Hello Brain,

Try what happens when you set the bus to 0 in the sensor properties.
Best regards, Viele Grüsse, vriendelijke groeten, Ronald :rr_cap:
GCA85/50/93/145/146/153 Loconet, Twincenter+booster for locs, seperate booster for accessory decoders, dedicated laptop with XP and Ubuntu for Rocrail, AndRoc, LGB indoor OTF layout
ron&bram

Postby BrianW » 30.11.2012, 10:01

Hi Ron & Bram

Thanks for the advice, I will try setting the sensor bus to 0 later today when I set the layout up again, and will let you know how I get on.

Regards

Brian
BrianW

Postby BrianW » 30.11.2012, 17:44

Hi Ron & Bram

SUCCESS. I have tested my layout this afternoon with the Bus set to 0 in Sensor properties and everything works perfectly. Excellent. Many thanks for the advice.

I’m a little confused as the Rocrail documentation advises setting the Bus to the Node number. My first CANACE8C is set to Node 5, but bus 5 didn’t work bus 0 did. My next CANACE8C will be Node 6.

I will wait to see what happens when I add the second CANACE8C module in a couple of week’s time.

Regards

Brian
BrianW

Postby ron&bram » 30.11.2012, 18:36

Hi Brian,

Good to read that you succeeded. I don't know anything about the CAN system, but the giveaway was in the traceline:
Code: Select all
r9999I 00001170 OModel1 3275 unregistered event 0:7:0
I checked the Rocrail code, the first 0 in 0:7:0 is the bus number.
Best regards, Viele Grüsse, vriendelijke groeten, Ronald :rr_cap:
GCA85/50/93/145/146/153 Loconet, Twincenter+booster for locs, seperate booster for accessory decoders, dedicated laptop with XP and Ubuntu for Rocrail, AndRoc, LGB indoor OTF layout
ron&bram

Return to mergCBUS