Signal icon disappears when signal has more than 4 aspects

Postby Suzie » 18.03.2013, 19:54

The eight potential UK aspects are fine for me, but I am helping to do the documentation for a decoder that supports all the aspects using the extended protocol with its potential 32 aspects, and some of the supported speed signalling systems use aspect numbers higher than 15, Canada uses all 32 which can be displayed on three searchlight heads one above the other using red, green, yellow, flashing green and flashing yellow on any of the three heads. It scares me a bit too how the driver is supposed to remember the rule book, but it would be nice to be able to include RocRail as a potential software offering for these too since I can generate the symbols for them now to make it attractive, they should all fit into a 32 pixel high symbol with no difficulty.

The NMRA has defined a 5-bit signal protocol that allows up to 32 aspects, so it would be nice to be able to use it without compromise.

Suzie x
Suzie

Postby rjversluis » 18.03.2013, 20:05

You can use already 5 bit aspects in combination with DCC in Rocrail.
The documentation does limit it only by text. ;-)
Best Regards, Rob.
:!: PS: Do not forget to attach the usual files.
:!: PS: Nicht vergessen die übliche Dateien an zu hängen.
[ macOS - Linux] - [ N: CBus - CAN-GCA ] - [ 0: RocNetNode - GCA-Pi ]
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby Suzie » 19.03.2013, 00:40

That is good to hear. :-)
Suzie

Postby Aleksey » 19.03.2013, 18:52

Suzie wrote: The only question I have now is how to display flashing aspects.

Hi! I did it this way:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aleksey

Postby Suzie » 19.03.2013, 19:36

I did similar but I think you have done it better
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Suzie

Postby Aleksey » 23.03.2013, 06:43

Suzie wrote:I did similar but I think you have done it better

Aleksey

Previous

Return to Icons