Peco PL-10 turnout motors & DDX ?

Moderator: Moderators

Postby ron&bram » 21.02.2009, 23:21

Hallo Wolfgang,

There are some possibilities, but not 100% in Rocrail. Some command stations, but for DDX I am not sure, support turnout switch time. This is the time an decoder output is kept active, after that, it is switched off to prevent burning the coils of a turnout without end switches.
On a lower level, some accessory decoders can also be programmed to do this.
On the side of rocrail, it depends on DDX supporting turnout switch time. I hope that Tobbe can answer that.

Best regards, Ronald
Best regards, Viele Grüsse, vriendelijke groeten, Ronald :rr_cap:
GCA85/50/93/145/146/153 Loconet, Twincenter+booster for locs, seperate booster for accessory decoders, dedicated laptop with XP and Ubuntu for Rocrail, AndRoc, LGB indoor OTF layout
ron&bram

Postby ron&bram » 22.02.2009, 23:19

Hi Wolfgang,

If anything else fails, use the decoder outputs to drive relays, connect the relay contacts to a large capacitor that is fed through a resistor of suitable wattage. The charge stored in the capacuitor can easily supply the 2.5 amps, whilts a proper sized resistor provides protection against burning the coils. The only drawback, it takes time to recharge the capacitor before the next turnout can be thrown. The lower the resistance of the capacitor, the quicker the recharge time is (provided the power supply can stand it) but the lower the coil overheat protection is.

Best regards, Ronald
Best regards, Viele Grüsse, vriendelijke groeten, Ronald :rr_cap:
GCA85/50/93/145/146/153 Loconet, Twincenter+booster for locs, seperate booster for accessory decoders, dedicated laptop with XP and Ubuntu for Rocrail, AndRoc, LGB indoor OTF layout
ron&bram

Postby cwichmann » 10.03.2009, 19:44

Hi Wolfgang,

take a look at this: http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=ora1-en

It is designed for usage with 4 DC motor driven turnouts such as the Conrad, Hoffmann or Peco motors. It has a pulse duration from 0.25s, 0.5s, 1s and 2s.

It's open source and fully tested with DDX.
cwichmann

Re: Peco PL-10 turnout motors & DDX ?

Postby Stonefire » 10.04.2016, 18:27

Hi Wolfgang

I can't find any description how to connect a Hoffman device. If I connect directly the point is only shifting in one direction. What do I miss ?

Sincerly
STeen
Stonefire

Postby smitt48 » 10.04.2016, 18:48

Hi Steen,

how to connect a Hoffman device.

What is a Hoffman device?

This?
http://www.railroomelectronics.co.uk/Se ... rd=hoffman

A HS01, HD01 or MWA02S?

Please, help us out.
Tom
Kind regards,
Tom Smit
Kralendijk, Bonaire - Dutch Caribbean

Märklin M & K-rails with ECoS2 (4.2.3) - Win10
RoSoft: S88n & WDD switch & SDD signal decoders
Display: Tri-ang from 1950's, Märklin from early 1960's
In build phase
smitt48

Postby Stonefire » 10.04.2016, 19:52

Hi Tom

Yes, exactly, the MWA02S...

Sincerly
Steen
Stonefire

Postby RainerK » 10.04.2016, 20:13

Hi Steen,

the speciality of the Hoffmann drives is is the necessity to swap the polarity from its supplying power.
For this You need a Decoder type that provied this special funktion: "Support of Motor switches"

Another useful solution is to use an adapter that realize the Power swapping at the outputs of an Standard decoder.
For this I know only this DIY solution:
http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=orm1-en
Best Regards, es grüßt RainerK

DCC++ with Arduino Uno / Motor shield and LocoNet GCA85, 50, 93 and 136. Special interests: DIY electronic assemblies. http://www.rainermoba.blogspot.com
Planning replace the coincidence by the mistake
RainerK

Postby Stonefire » 10.04.2016, 20:50

Hi rainerK
Thanks for your reply. I just thought that the ora-1 was made for this type motor switches. Maybe I'll find another decoder. It may be cheaper - and easier - than building this adaptor....I think Littfinski have a decoder that fits...

Thanks for your help

Sincerly
Steen
Stonefire

Return to ddx