Booster for IB1

erwin24

Booster for IB1

Post by erwin24 » 01.01.2011, 15:14

Hi all, and happy New Year 2011!

Being so happy with Rocrail, I am going to extend my hardware: the IB (first ed.) seems to come to its power limits (>5 H0 locos driving automatically, voltage set to N).
The Uhlenbrock Power 4 seems to fit (But Uhlenbrock does NOT help Rocrail, confer 'Ulni').
I am admiring Peter Giling's MGV-projects ... (but I am still afraid to solder -- an simple trial to solder an Kemo B215 light barrier was unsucessful)
There others booster from LDT, Tams, Boll ...

One main problem is how I have distributed my feedbacks, I think I must reconfigure all my feedback-modules to the separated booster sections...

So before buying something, I will ask ...
rjversluis wrote:Hi Ronald,

how did you get the idea to buy "xyz" hardware before asking in the forum? :-)
From a developer point of view, most products of this well known company are a PITA.
Many greetings,
erwin
:rr_for_ever:

ron&bram

Post by ron&bram » 01.01.2011, 19:52

Hi Erwin,

This is my setup, working with 11 LGB locs (only small two axle ones like the Stainz). PC with Rocrail connected via rs232 to MGV85 Loconet buffer. Loconet cable from MGV85 to Twincenter Loconet T connector. The rail connection of the TC goes to a self build booster with a LMD18200 H-Bridge circuit, this booster feeds all accessory decoders for the switches, signals, servo's etc. From the TC Loconet B connector a cable goes to an UB Power 7 booster, which feeds the tracks and thus the trains. Power for the Power 7 comes from a 15V toroid transformer from Conrad. That way, when something occurs on the track and the Power 7 shuts off, the command to the accessory decoders are still going out via the TC and the self build booster. I had some trouble with the Power 7 signalling short circuits, but I found that these only occurred with some locs. After replacing the Tams decoders in them by Massoth decoders, everything is running perfectly.

erwin24

Post by erwin24 » 01.01.2011, 20:12

Hi Ronald,
thanks, so the loconet-capability will be one of the essential features of my new booster ...
Thank you, I will study the wiki again ...
Best regards,
erwin

Return to “DIY Hardware”