Problem connecting Intellibox with USB/comm

Moderator: Moderators

Problem connecting Intellibox with USB/comm

Postby michel-zeeland » 01.02.2010, 22:52

Hello,

The situation: Rocrail installed on vista machine, usb/com3 (19200,8,n,1, none) connected to an Intellibox IR with the following: SV1=3, SV2=2, SV3=0, SV4=0, SV5=1, SV26=0 and SV33=0.

The console tells me everytime "Couldn't access giveio device". What could be the problem? Is there something I didn't see. Attached is the trace data of Rocrail (.trc) and rocrail.ini. Maybe they are helpfull.

Is someone experienced?

best regards,
Michel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
michel-zeeland

Postby erwin24 » 01.02.2010, 23:14

Hi,
I am using an IB vers.1 connected to com1 (19200,8,n,1,Xon/Xoff) Vista Bus.; in windows/system32 I have a giveio.sys dated 1996 (which I have just renamed to x.sys without new boot to see whether it is necessary, but RR works). - USB/com adapters may also be the source of errors.
Good luck,
Erwin
IB - S88 - Roco H0 - Rocrail
erwin24

Postby erwin24 » 01.02.2010, 23:24

PS.: in your tracefile: "20100201.223711.578 r9999I 00000E3C OP50x 1296 iOP50x[NEW]: com3,9600,none,8,2,none" ... not 19200.
Is your rocrail.ini correct? Please in rocrail "Rocrail properties" -> controller -> IB properties ...
IB - S88 - Roco H0 - Rocrail
erwin24

Postby rjversluis » 02.02.2010, 07:56

Hi,

giveio.sys is only needed for DDX.

This device driver allows direct hardware access at user level which is normally not wanted; De-install it and forget about it.
Best Regards, Rob.
:!: PS: Do not forget to attach the usual files.
:!: PS: Nicht vergessen die übliche Dateien an zu hängen.
[ macOS - Linux] - [ N: CBus - CAN-GCA ] - [ 0: RocNetNode - GCA-Pi ]
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby michel-zeeland » 02.02.2010, 10:06

Hi,

where to find giveio.sys? I couldn't find the file on my harddrive. How to uninstall this device driver? :shock:

Michel
michel-zeeland

Postby rjversluis » 02.02.2010, 10:09

Hi Michel,

Erwin wrote this:
I am using an IB vers.1 connected to com1 (19200,8,n,1,Xon/Xoff) Vista Bus.; in windows/system32 I have a giveio.sys dated 1996 (which I have just renamed to x.sys without new boot to see whether it is necessary, but RR works). - USB/com adapters may also be the source of errors.

Forget about giveio.sys. ;-)
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby michel-zeeland » 02.02.2010, 10:41

Hi,

ok I was just asking, because of the following strange behaviour of Rocrail. When I will program my LocoIO's in Rocrail (program-->LocoNet-->LocoIO) rocrail wouldn't react on the button "reset" or anything.

When I program the LocoIO's with the software of Hans de Looff, it works fine!

I use the Intellibox IR connected by a USB/comm cable. Intellibox does respond on switching the power.

What could be the reason?

Michel
michel-zeeland

Postby rjversluis » 02.02.2010, 13:59

I never tried an IB with LocoNet.
I user a LocoBuffer, as interface between LocoNet and computer which works very well on programming MGV50/LocoIO

The easiest way to setup locoio with rocrail is to goto to the addresses tab and do a query. Double click the wanted locoio and switch to the easy setup tab.
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Return to P50 and P50x