p50 support is discontinued.

Moderator: Moderators

Open DCC and Intellibox

Postby schnoesel124 » 24.05.2009, 20:09

Hi Rob

Thanks for quick answer

Can I use the Open DCC protocol with the Intellibox?
Do all functions work?
I guess I just have to try it.

Best regards

Jan Martin
schnoesel124

Re: Open DCC and Intellibox

Postby rjversluis » 24.05.2009, 20:27

Hi Jan Martin,

schnoesel124 wrote:Can I use the OpenDCC protocol with the Intellibox?

No. The Intellibox do not support the extentions of the OpenDCC Command Station.
http://www.opendcc.de/

Uhlenbrock should make an update for the firmware, but I doubt they will because they abandoned the p50x protocol and are using LocoNet instead in the new products.

If you have firmware 1.5 you could try to use the loconet library. See the Wiki for more details.
http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=ib-loconet-en
Best Regards, Rob.
:!: PS: Do not forget to attach the usual files.
:!: PS: Nicht vergessen die übliche Dateien an zu hängen.
[ macOS - Linux] - [ N: CBus - CAN-GCA ] - [ 0: RocNetNode - GCA-Pi ]
rjversluis
Site Admin

Open DCC doesn't work properly

Postby schnoesel124 » 27.05.2009, 16:54

Hi Rob

I tried to run the Intellibox with OpenDCC but still there are only 8 function keys working. Additional the s88 bus is not working any more. I guess that's because all the setting possiblities in the dialog are not active ("grey").

Do I do something wrong?

Apart from those "funny things" I am very very glad with rocrail!

Thanks a lot for making such nice software!

Best regards

Jan Martin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
schnoesel124

Postby rjversluis » 27.05.2009, 17:00

Hi Jan Martin,

you cannot use the opendcc library with an IB; OpenDCC has more then IB offers.
IB can only handle 8 functions.
Try to use the loconet as I proposed.
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Loconet works but still with 8 functions

Postby schnoesel124 » 27.05.2009, 20:09

Hi Rob

Yes! Loconet works! Funny new experience. The messages look quite different :-)
But still there are only 8 functions working. Maybe I have forgotten something. I keep trying.

Thanks very much.

Best regrads

Jan Martin
schnoesel124

Postby rjversluis » 27.05.2009, 20:14

Hi Jan Martin,

the only thing to do is to set the locomotive functions to the right number, the rest is up to the IB.
I think the time has come to contact Uhlenbrock and ask them how to control functions beyond the 8 documented in the p50x protocol.
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

p50 and directions

Postby maf » 19.12.2011, 20:07

Hi Rob,

since I only have a 6021 and an 6051 interface, I need this library, too. I have just written a quick&dirty patch that fixes some of the problems related to the 6050/51 not accepting directions by introducing a shadow variable that mirrors the internal direction table in the 6021 and triggers a change of direction if the two differ.
For newer decoders that accept directions, this should work as long as there is no direction change using the 6021 or a control 80(f). For older ones (MM1), well,... One can only hope that the decoder catches the signal for direction change :roll: .

Maybe this is helpful for other people trying to achieve things like reversing loops.

Best regards,
Markus
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
maf

Postby rjversluis » 19.12.2011, 20:45

Tnx Markus,

I merged it in revision 3151.
I cannot test it, but I'm sure some p50 users will report if a problem occur. :wink:
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby maf » 19.12.2011, 20:59

Wow, that was fast, thanks!
If there are any problem reports from p50 users, please let me know.
maf

Postby LDG » 19.12.2011, 22:35

Hello Markus,

:well_done: ...and finally you also arrived in the Rocrail family :)

Please consider joining us at the round table in Speyer on January, 14th :rr_cap:

Best regards,
Lothar
LDG
Site Admin

Postby maf » 20.12.2011, 12:03

Hello Lothar,

thanks! As for the round table, this date may collide with another "Stammtisch" on January 14th, I will have to see.

Best regards,
Markus
maf

Re: p50 support is discontinued.

Postby Barkerdale » 07.03.2014, 08:44

I am a new user of Rocrail and am very impressed with its potential. I use a 6051 interface and the guide tells me to use p50 library. It works but will change direction of the loks only sometimes. Most of my loks have TAMS LD-W-32 decoders which work very well with the 6021 and Control 80f. Can I alter any Command station properties to improve the reliability of reversing direction? Or should I use a different library? I have read the posts in this forum and other posts seem to indicate there is no reversing function in p50 - mine definitely works....occasionally.
My second concern is that on 2 occasions while using Rocrail a lok has suddenly started flashing its lights - as when a decoder is being programmed. Afterwards the loco has failed to respond to any direction from Rocrail or the 6021. I'm hoping I will just have to reset the decoder but my concern is that it happened. On the second occasion I was trying to switch a point but on the first occasion I did not notice the flashing immediately.
Barkerdale

Postby rjversluis » 07.03.2014, 08:48

You can try this value:
http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=loc ... #dir_pause

But you better invest is some newer command station.
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby Barkerdale » 07.03.2014, 09:05

Dir_pause seems to be in the loco input Interface tab. Does that mean I should try to insert that value for every loco? My 6021 etc performs very well normally so wouldn't that suggest that a parameter in the controller properties input box could be changed. Happy to try your suggestion though and thanks.
Barkerdale

Postby Barkerdale » 07.03.2014, 10:03

I entered that value in the recommended area for several loks and tried one of them. Reverse happened after 9 clicks. There is very little chance of me getting a new command system but if I did could someone recommend a reasonably priced one that would be adaptable to Rocrail?
Barkerdale

PreviousNext

Return to P50 and P50x