How many locos at the same time possible?

Moderator: Moderators

How many locos at the same time possible?

Postby Alexander Kramer » 11.06.2011, 07:39

Hi,

I use rocrail now for a few weeks on my garden railway, and it's very fine. Now I'm thinking about using it also for my H0 layout.

My H0 is an older layout, witch was converted back in 2006 to digital driving. I have a analog self-block-system with Brake-on-DC blocks and that works very fine. So the I-Box is only for controlling the loco speed's and the F-Key's.

My idea is now, to use rocrail and some android-Pads for wireless control. My issue is now, that the system must boot up with all loco-speeds from last running. An that are never less then 43 active locos in the blocksystem.

So: Is it possible, that rocrail reminds ALL 43 or 44 active locos and restores their speeds on boot-up correctly to the i-box without any automatic command?

all the best
alex
Alexander Kramer

Postby rjversluis » 14.06.2011, 06:51

Hi Alex,

there is no limitation to the number of concurrently running locos in Rocrail.

Restore speed at startup is not available, only restore functions.
Best Regards, Rob.
:!: PS: Do not forget to attach the usual files.
:!: PS: Nicht vergessen die übliche Dateien an zu hängen.
[ macOS - Linux] - [ N: CBUS - CANGCx ] - [ G: CBUS - CANGCx ]
rjversluis
Site Admin

Re: How many locos at the same time possible?

Postby LDG » 14.06.2011, 12:23

Alexander Kramer wrote:...
So: Is it possible, that rocrail reminds ALL 43 or 44 active locos and restores their speeds on boot-up correctly to the i-box without any automatic command?

As Rob already mentioned speed restore it is not possible within Rocrail.

There might be a solution via the SRCP server interface using python (or other) scripts before shutdown and after startup of Rocrail server.

Regards,
Lothar
LDG
Site Admin

Postby Alexander Kramer » 15.06.2011, 07:50

OK, thanks, I'll try out the links in the near future.

Would it be possible in the future, that rocrail get's an option, that you can easiely restore the speed's on rocrails boot-up? (Somehow like the IB Option Startup No Data/Only Function/Function & Speed)

all the best

alex
Alexander Kramer

Return to P50 and P50x