Probelm with intellibox

Moderator: Moderators

Probelm with intellibox

Postby Buddace » 04.12.2008, 19:32

I have this problem (look server message):

I set rocrail like image and rocrail ini is:
Code: Select all
<rocrail planfile="plan.xml" libpath="." imgpath="images" ptiid="" lciid="" dpiid="" sviid="" createmodplan="false">
  <http port="53701" refresh="10">
    <webclient port="0" refresh="0"/>
  </http>
  <trace file="rocrail.trc" debug="false" automatic="false" rfile="rocrail.trace" byte="false" monitor="true"/>
  <remark text=""/>
  <ctrl minbklc="14" swtimeout="250" ignevt="5" initfieldpause="500" seed="4711" savepostime="10" check2in="false" secondnextblock="false" initfieldpower="true" enableswfb="true" eventtimeout="0" signalreset="0" routeswtime="10" disablerouteVreduce="false" greenaspect="false" defaspect="red" skipsetsw="false"/>
  <tcp port="62842" maxcon="10" onlyfirstmaster="false"/>
  <clock divider="1" hour="24" minute="60"/>
  <digint iid="p50x_1" lib="p50x" device="com1" fbmod="1" fbpoll="true" ptsupport="false" flow="cts" bps="19200" stress="false" libpath="."/>
</rocrail>

Rocrail version is last nightly build,suggest ?
www.dccworld.com First and Only Italian DCC Website.

TMWDCC/TBX , zDCC, Lokmaus 2, Arnold DCC, Intellibox, Hornby Select, A lot of Loconet DIY (Loconet SwitcBoard, Loconet P50, etc..)
Buddace

Postby Buddace » 04.12.2008, 19:43

Solved with special options read about twincenter :D but some times I have this message.

TMWDCC/TBX , zDCC, Lokmaus 2, Arnold DCC, Intellibox, Hornby Select, A lot of Loconet DIY (Loconet SwitcBoard, Loconet P50, etc..)
Buddace

Postby dadolphs » 04.12.2008, 20:07

Hi,

would you please share this information with other users and post these options?

Thanks,
Dirk
H0 - IB - LocoBuffer (MGV) - Ubuntu (Server) - Vista (Client) - iRoc - andRoc - Fredi

http://blog.moba-keller.de/
dadolphs

Postby Buddace » 04.12.2008, 20:33

Buddace

Postby ron&bram » 04.12.2008, 21:22

Hi Buddace,

I recommend to remove the tick at Poll in the intellibox options. Without the tick, rocrail asks the intellibox to report any non computer initiated changes like manual loco speed changes, changes in feedbacks and so on. In my exprience this worksa whole lot better then using the poll option (and I also got rid of the serial read timeout errors completely).

Best regards, Ronald
Best regards, Viele Grüsse, vriendelijke groeten, Ronald :rr_cap:
GCA85/50/93/145/146/153 Loconet, Twincenter+booster for locs, seperate booster for accessory decoders, dedicated laptop with XP and Ubuntu for Rocrail, AndRoc, LGB indoor OTF layout
ron&bram

Postby bbernhard » 04.12.2008, 22:06

Hi

same here, I have no tick at "Poll" and had no communication errors ever.

Only from time to time IB crashes and restarts. But this has nothing to do with rocrail because it happens also with other software and can be considered as IB dependent.

best rgds
bb
HO Scale mostly from Kleinbahn and Roco -
OpenDCC GBMBoost, LightControl, TLE-S88-Bridge, LDT and some DiY stuff, Win10
bbernhard

Postby rjversluis » 04.12.2008, 22:13

Hi Bernhard,

bbernhard wrote:Only from time to time IB crashes and restarts. But this has nothing to do with rocrail because it happens also with other software and can be considered as IB dependent.

It is a long well known problem which Uhlenbrock cannot or will not fix.
At the Eurospoor 2008 the MGV also used the IB and it crashed only once because it was only used for generating DCC and MM railsync.
The sensors and accessory were handled by loconet on another serial port.
I suspect the small rs232 buffer of the IB as a potential problem.
Also the seperating of the S88 will get a lesser crash quote; I used to run a large layout with the IB and a HSI88 for the sensors.
Best Regards, Rob.
:!: PS: Do not forget to attach the usual files.
:!: PS: Nicht vergessen die übliche Dateien an zu hängen.
[ macOS - Linux] - [ N: CBUS - CANGCx ] - [ G: CBUS - CANGCx ]
rjversluis
Site Admin

Return to P50 and P50x