MDRRC switch magnets stay on

Moderator: Moderators

MDRRC switch magnets stay on

Postby pyth » 09.12.2012, 21:27

I'm using a MDRRC and the most recent rocrail (rev. 4394 on Mac OS X, problems also occurs with older versions) and that works fine, except for controlling the switches. The magnet stays powered after trowing it. I checked the communication with MDRRC with a logic analyser and found it doesn't send the 0x90 command to release the magnet. Similar analysis showed that koploper (via wine) does send this and the magnet is released.

I played with many settings, including starting all over, but the problem persists. Judging by the many successtories I gather I'm missing a setting. Question is which one?

plan, rocrail.ini and trace attached.

Thanks for any helps on this…

Dirkjan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LocoBuffer, MRDDC and ORD-3 controlling many ESU old delta and 6080 decoders. Currently building a trainlift.
pyth

Postby rjversluis » 10.12.2012, 09:36

Hi Dirkjan,

maybe this link will help:
http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=int ... itch_times
Best Regards, Rob.
:!: PS: Do not forget to attach the usual files.
:!: PS: Nicht vergessen die übliche Dateien an zu hängen.
[ macOS - Linux] - [ N: CBUS - CANGCx ] - [ G: CBUS - CANGCx ]
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby pyth » 10.12.2012, 21:00

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the pointer, but I played around with that options a lot, but to no avail. It seems rocrail is just not sending the "release" command. Apparently rocrail expects the switch to be released by the controller, but in this case that doesn't. Anyway to force this? Is there a debug option I can check?
I also noticed rocrail prefixing all the commands with an 'x', while koploper does not. Both are valid if I read the specifications correct and should not matter for this problem at all…
Any hint is welcome,

Dirkjan
LocoBuffer, MRDDC and ORD-3 controlling many ESU old delta and 6080 decoders. Currently building a trainlift.
pyth

Postby rjversluis » 10.12.2012, 22:05

Hi Dirkjan,

the p50x protocol is initially from Uhlenbrock IB and the coils are switched off by the CS automatically for safety reasons. That is the why the switch off command is not implemented. If other Command Stations are using this Uhlenbrock protocol they should implement at least the same functionality.

BTW: What do you mean with 'koploper'? I cannot find a suitable translation for the word.
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby pyth » 11.12.2012, 07:39

I was afraid of that, wonder how other MRDDC users are solving this…

Koploper is a dutch free railroad control software, so common in the netherlands I forgot it is very dutch :). Oops.

Thanks for the confirmation,

Dirkjan
pyth

Postby rjversluis » 11.12.2012, 08:29

Hi DirkJan,

if there are more users facing this problem I am willing to extend the p50x library for auto switch off coils.
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby pyth » 29.12.2012, 21:05

I also contacted Robert about the issue and he fixed it in MDRRC. I now have a version working that switches off the coils after 250 ms.
Greetings,

Dirkjan
pyth

Postby ViktorHotel » 30.12.2012, 11:27

Hi Dirkjan,
Robert is always very helpful :D . With this new feature the MDRRC is getting better and better.
I hope that the "auto switch off" doesn't affect other outputs (signal decoder and servo decoder...).

regards,
Volker
rocrailing with:
Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, MDRRC-II mit BMB Booster-B5 (Fahren), HSI88(Rückmelden), Sprog3 (Weichen und Signale), DMX-Artnetnode (Wetter und Licht)
ViktorHotel

Postby pyth » 30.12.2012, 14:34

Hi Volker,

Robert certainly was very helpful and he implemented this quite quick.
It should not effect other outputs, for the servo decoders I have, they just ignore the switch off command. For example if you use the I2C keyboard then the switch off command was already send.

Greetings,

Dirkjan
pyth

Return to P50 and P50x