[Solved] Possible malloc() problem SRCPD

Moderator: Moderators

[Solved] Possible malloc() problem SRCPD

Postby Richard-TX » 04.07.2013, 16:29

Rob and Lothar,

I think I found a malloc issue...well maybe it a free() issue.

What happens is with each srcp connection to Rocrail the amount of memory used by Rocrail grows. According to what I am seeing the amount of memory used is +12k per connection. After 100 connections the amount of memory used by rocrail.exe is an additional 120k.

To duplicate the issue start Rocrail on a PC and configure it so that it will listen for incoming srcp connections.

Then run a script that opens a srcp connection to Rocrail, issues some sort of srcp command and then closes. The srcp command I used was to set a fb device.

Open a win taskmanager , select performance and watch the memory allocated by rocrail.exe grow with each run of the script..

I discovered this as part of my regression testing.

This occurs on version 5501
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Richard-TX on 04.07.2013, 16:42, edited 3 times in total.
Richard-TX
 

Postby Richard-TX » 04.07.2013, 16:29

here is the trace file.

I think this is a low priority bug. It generally takes a few thousand sessions before windows complains about being low on memory and if the connections persist, rocrail will eventually stop.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Richard-TX
 

Postby rjversluis » 04.07.2013, 18:56

Hi Richard,

tnx for reporting.
Should be fixed in 5508.
Best Regards, Rob.
:!: PS: Do not forget to attach the usual files.
:!: PS: Nicht vergessen die übliche Dateien an zu hängen.
[ macOS - Linux] - [ N: CBus - CAN-GCA ] - [ 0: RocNetNode - GCA-Pi ]
rjversluis
Site Admin
 

Postby Richard-TX » 05.07.2013, 13:25

And indeed it is fixed.

Thanks Rob!!


:well_done: :goodjob:
Richard-TX
 


Return to srcp