SOLVED: srcp service strangeness

Moderator: Moderators

SOLVED: srcp service strangeness

Postby Richard-TX » 05.07.2013, 18:20

I was doing some script writing and it seems that the srcp service does things a little differently than what I expected.

According to my interpretation of a wireshark trace it appears that the following occurs.

remote connects to rocrail with typical syn-syn/ack-ack handshake
rocrail sends welcome message without a newline
client acks the packet
rocrail sends a packet with a single 0x0a (newline)
client acks that.

The upshot of the two separate packets is that on the receiving end two reads are needed as the welcome message and the 0x0a are actually two messages.

Is it possible to send the 0x0a along with the welcome message as one packet?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Richard-TX on 07.07.2013, 16:20, edited 1 time in total.
Richard-TX

Postby LDG » 05.07.2013, 19:28

Hi Richard,

you are right. That line is sent in 2 steps :(
A fix is on its way to Rob :)

Regards,
Lothar
LDG
Site Admin

Postby Richard-TX » 05.07.2013, 19:49

Thanks Lothar. :goodjob:

Do you have a document for the changes/additions/extensions that your made to the srcp protocol as implemented in Rocrail? They may prove useful to me.

Richard
Richard-TX

Postby LDG » 06.07.2013, 12:18

Hi Richard,

the fix is integrated in revision 5515 :)
Richard-TX wrote:Do you have a document for the changes/additions/extensions that your made to the srcp protocol as implemented in Rocrail? They may prove useful to me.
There is no document :(
My extension is sending the additional GA state of switches/signals as described here.
When starting an info session Rocrail also sends all feedback states (not only those currently "ON").
I always try to implement the spec very close to the "original" SRCP server :?

There are still some parts missing from the SRCP specs, but (by now) they are rarely used, so not yet implemented by me :roll:

Regards,
Lothar
LDG
Site Admin

Postby Richard-TX » 06.07.2013, 20:07

I understand why the original implementers chose only to report ON states. If it isn't ON then it has to be OFF. QED. :lol: On my controllers, I set the state within srcpd explicity and leave nothing to chance. :wink:
Richard-TX

Return to srcp