Ident-information via FB Command

Moderator: Moderators

Ident-information via FB Command

Postby dergo » 11.01.2014, 11:14

I have a srcpd running on a separate Linux Server, talking to Rocrail srcp via Ethernet (TCP/IP). Most things (GL, GA, and Sensor-FB) are working fine, but I'm not able to create a kind of 'Ident-FB' for Train Detection over this Ethernet connetion. Whatever I send as a FB-Command I earn a 'locId not set in Block ...'

After searching all the Documents and Descriptions I can't find a valid way to set a Ident. Is there a valid way to give Rocrail this kind of information using Ethernet ?

Many thanks for helpful informations!

Guenter Okasek
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dergo

Postby rjversluis » 11.01.2014, 11:42

SRCP does not support FB Ident.
Best Regards, Rob.
:!: PS: Do not forget to attach the usual files.
:!: PS: Nicht vergessen die übliche Dateien an zu hängen.
[ macOS - Linux] - [ N: CBus - CAN-GCA ] - [ 0: RocNetNode - GCA-Pi ]
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby dergo » 11.01.2014, 14:35

rjversluis wrote:SRCP does not support FB Ident.

Hi Rob, thank you for the (bad) answer .....
I think you have meant 'the SRCP-implementation in Rocrail does not support ....' because the SRCP document describes the FB sensors that way:
".......They have exactly one way in that is identified by an address and has at least two distinguishable states" . my opinion is: that describes a undefined number of possible states (like a kind of identification )

Guenter
dergo

Postby rjversluis » 11.01.2014, 14:49

Code: Select all
100 INFO <bus> FB <addr> <value>
 Value of feedback sensor <addr> on the specified bus.

value = 0 Sensor off
value = 1 Sensor on
value > 1 Ident?

How to detect and Ident of 1?
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby LDG » 11.01.2014, 14:53

Hi Guenter,
dergo wrote:
rjversluis wrote:SRCP does not support FB Ident.

Hi Rob, thank you for the (bad) answer .....
I think you have meant 'the SRCP-implementation in Rocrail does not support ....' because the SRCP document describes the FB sensors that way:
".......They have exactly one way in that is identified by an address and has at least two distinguishable states" . my opinion is: that describes a undefined number of possible states (like a kind of identification )

Guenter
Railcom has just arrived at SRCP developers a few weeks ago. There is currently an ongoing discussion among the SRCP developers. It is not yet clear how to push the feedback of loco address and/or speed into the SRCP server. Using "transactions" or "single line" is not yet clear. Last single line proposal looked like this
103 INFO <bus> FB <number> <value=1> GL <addr> <drivemode> <V>
but nothing is approved for next protocol version. It is still discussion/work in progress...

EDIT: After they released a new protocol revision we will try to implement/integrate it in Rocrail SRCP command station and SRCP service.

Regards,
Lothar
Last edited by LDG on 11.01.2014, 14:59, edited 2 times in total.
LDG
Site Admin

Postby rjversluis » 11.01.2014, 14:58

I have no problem to adapt this:
103 INFO <bus> FB <number> <value=1> GL <addr> <drivemode> <V>

until an official version comes out, so server developers can go on with BiDi.
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby dergo » 11.01.2014, 16:39

rjversluis wrote:
100 INFO <bus> FB <addr> <value>
 Value of feedback sensor <addr> on the specified bus.

value = 0 Sensor off
value = 1 Sensor on
value > 1 Ident?

How to detect and Ident of 1?

Sorry to bother you Rob,
but I had read in the description 'Sensors and Blocks' -> Sensor Events the Entry 'Ident':

"Some sensor systems provide more information like the address of the passing locomotive. (Lissy, BarJut, RailCom, …) This information is compared in auto mode to the identity-code set in the Loco properties, in manual mode this identity-code is shown in the block symbol. "
And -> "Use this event type only if the sensor has no further functionality."

So I tought it is possible to define a FB for Idents only .... and if so, each state would be an ident (like your example the value 1 would be ident 1 because "the sensor has no further ....."

Sorry oncemore and have a nice evening! :wink:

Guenter
dergo

Postby dergo » 11.01.2014, 20:54

@LDG 13:53
Thank you Lothar, for your contributon! I did'nt expect such excitement with this (as I tought) simple question ....
I tought 'there are different ways to define a FB-Sensor, so there should be different ways to answer also...'
Please do not rebiuld or change anything because of me . At this time it was a question only
Now I have to think about .....

Thank you and have a nice weekend!

Guenter
dergo

Postby dergo » 13.01.2014, 11:23

Lothar, Rob
Now I have tought about .... :)
The indicated solution from you would exactly meet my requirements :D
So I pray and hope that this extension may come !

Thank you oncemore for your support!

Guenter Okasek
dergo

Postby melior » 04.02.2014, 08:12

Hi guys,

have you seen this?

http://srcpd.sourceforge.net/srcp/srcp-085-wip.html

Best regards,

André
melior

Postby rjversluis » 04.02.2014, 08:16

See News:
http://srcpd.sourceforge.net/srcp/

No FB extension.
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby LDG » 04.02.2014, 11:42

André
Yes, but it is WIP.
Additional/dynamic extensions to message "100 INFO <bus> FB <addr> <value>" and/or an extra message (103) is still in discussion.

I already sent some small patches and fixes to that project and I am in contact with Guido Scholz regarding implementation and compatibilty of "original" srcp daemon and the srcp client (srcp command station) and server side (srcp scripting interface) in Rocrail.

Let's wait for the next official spec and then we will try to implement/integrate the changes :wink:

Regards,
Lothar
LDG
Site Admin

Postby Richard-TX » 04.02.2014, 15:50

The only way that I see that would resolve the issue at this time is to dedicate a FB to a loco and a position. This would cause a lot of FB devices to be defined, but that is all there is for now. Not very practical.

Once the srcp team decides to expand on the FB message and Rob implements it, then that workaround becomes moot.
Richard
Dallas/Fort Worth
Texas USA
Richard-TX

Postby melior » 08.02.2014, 14:13

Hi Lothar,
LDG wrote:Additional/dynamic extensions to message "100 INFO <bus> FB <addr> <value>" and/or an extra message (103) is still in discussion.

indeed, the extended FB message is still not in the spec. I'm a bit frustrated. :cry:

So let's wait and hope ...

Best regards,

André
melior

Postby Richard-TX » 08.02.2014, 16:29

Sorry you are frustrated. I know how you feel.

Is it possible that you could leverage the GM (generic message) as a temporary work-around?
Richard
Dallas/Fort Worth
Texas USA
Richard-TX

Next

Return to srcp