[Solved] Random train stops (set speed 0)

Moderator: Moderators

[Solved] Random train stops (set speed 0)

Postby mingsf » 08.08.2013, 09:08

Hi Rocrail,

I have been running up to 6 trains automatically using Rocrail and Digitrax Loconet for about a month. Some trains run in loops, 2 shinkensen runs point2point, and I even got a work around for the Kato double crossover. However, last week Rocrail started sending random stop commands (set speed to 0) to trains in the middle of a route, while Rocrail is waiting for the train to reach the yellow block. In fact Rocrail continue to send stop commands after I've stopped all trains. Can you tell what is going on? How can I fix and stop the random stops?

I am trying to send you a trace file but just noticed that rocrail have saved several files in tomorrow's date (very strange) so I'm just gonna collect and send you all the recent files.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mingsf

Postby rjversluis » 08.08.2013, 10:21

Do you have external throttles on those slots? (10 and 11)
Best Regards, Rob.
:!: PS: Do not forget to attach the usual files.
:!: PS: Nicht vergessen die übliche Dateien an zu hängen.
[ macOS - Linux] - [ N: CBus - CAN-GCA ] - [ 0: RocNetNode - GCA-Pi ]
rjversluis
Site Admin

Solved!

Postby mingsf » 08.08.2013, 21:51

Rob, you nailed it. I only have one physical throttle and its on the DCS51. When I set it to an address that does not correspond to any train address in the locomotive table the trains ran fine without stopping. However, I still don't understand why multiple trains were stopping. At any rate I think its a good practice to disconnect all hard throttles or set them to a unuse address, or maybe there is a way Rocrail could disable the CS from cross controlling the layout.

Ming
mingsf

CS cross commands

Postby mingsf » 11.08.2013, 04:18

Hi Rob, while selecting the address on the throttle fixes the cross talk/set speed 0 problem, I've noticed that (at least with the DCS51) under some conditions, the activities on an address I perform in Rocrail sets the "current" loc address on the DCS51 to be the same subsequently causing the CS throttle to also control the trains. Forcing the DCS51 to be busy operating another loc not managed by Rocrail helps but locks up a locomotive. Is there a way to not let the DCS51 operate any trains running under auto mode?

Thanks
Ming
mingsf

Postby rjversluis » 11.08.2013, 05:30

Hi Ming,

you have to look it up in the DCS51 manual.
I think it should be something like a dispatch command or reset the selected address of the DCS51 its throttle.
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby rjversluis » 11.08.2013, 08:37

DCS51 Instruction sheet wrote:20.0 Releasing an Address From a Throttle

When you are finished running a locomotive address, release if from your throttle so that it is available for other throttles to select and run and so that your command station will have room to run other addresses.
To release an address from a throttle:
1. With the loco address selected on the throttle, use the Throttle Knob to set
the locomotive’s speed to StOp.
2. Press the lOCO key to release the address from your throttle immediately.
The address will begin to flash in the display.
3. Press the exit key to dispatch the address on the throttle and the locomo- tive will be released to the system and marked as a dispatched address. Your DCS51’s display will show Loco.
4. If you press the lOCO key again, the throttle will begin flashing the address you just released. You can re-select that address by pressing the lOCO Key or you can use the key pad to enter a new address and select it instead.
Best Regards, Rob.
rjversluis
Site Admin

Postby mingsf » 18.08.2013, 23:10

Rob, thanks for the advise. I followed the instruction and was able to shut out the CS allowing rocrail to properly control the trains. No more random stops :) now trying to get the layout to run on auto for as long as possible. Longest run so far over 2 hours.
mingsf

Return to Loconet