LDT RS-8 Feedback problem

jimmielx

LDT RS-8 Feedback problem

Post by jimmielx » 19.06.2010, 18:22

Hi

I am using two LDT RS-8 Feedback modules to achieve occupancy detection on my railway - a G-scale outdoor line. I installed the two (second hand) RS-8s a couple of months ago and at the time they seemed to be working well, they appeared to take being programmed and as trains travelled around the line the LED on the RS-8 blinked as it went in and out of detection sections. However I have only just been able to get hold of a Lenz Li-USB to connect the system to my computer and now can not seem to get any feedback. I suspect a hardware problem with the RS-8s (though odd that it should be with both) as whilst trains still run through the detection sections the LED on the RS-8 no longer blinks as the train enters and exits the sections. The RS-8s can still appear to be able to be programmed though.

I realise that this is not a Rocrail question really, but I wonder if anybody has had a similar problem or has greater understanding of this and might be able to offer some suggestions.

Many thanks

James

Pirat-Kapitan

Post by Pirat-Kapitan » 20.06.2010, 19:05

Hi Lames !

Did You "kill" the Lenz-USB-Server? He is not allowed to be aktive while rocrail is on duty.

Do You controll Your tains via Rocrail?

which adress own the LDT-RSes?

regards
Johannes

geraldfg95

Re: LDT RS-8 Feedback problem

Post by geraldfg95 » 20.06.2010, 21:35

jimmielx wrote:Hi

I am using two LDT RS-8 Feedback modules to achieve occupancy detection on my railway - a G-scale outdoor line. I installed the two (second hand) RS-8s a couple of months ago and at the time they seemed to be working well, they appeared to take being programmed and as trains travelled around the line the LED on the RS-8 blinked as it went in and out of detection sections. However I have only just been able to get hold of a Lenz Li-USB to connect the system to my computer and now can not seem to get any feedback. I suspect a hardware problem with the RS-8s (though odd that it should be with both) as whilst trains still run through the detection sections the LED on the RS-8 no longer blinks as the train enters and exits the sections. The RS-8s can still appear to be able to be programmed though.

I realise that this is not a Rocrail question really, but I wonder if anybody has had a similar problem or has greater understanding of this and might be able to offer some suggestions.

Many thanks

James
Hi James
Do you respect the polarity of 'RS' bus ?
Check the 'RS' wire .
you can test with the LH 100 .

regard
Gérald

jimmielx

Post by jimmielx » 20.06.2010, 21:50

Hi guys

Thank you very much for your responses. Gérald, I went back to check the wiring to the RS bus and found a broken connection - which was the problem. I was so fixated on the RS-8s being at fault that I failed to check the obvious. I'm sure there's a lesson there.
Thank you again for your replies, I'm sure I'll have more questions as I become more involved, but for now I'm going!

Thanks

James

Return to “Lenz”