Paco's GenLi + NanoX-S88 and Rocrail

anam

Post by anam » 16.10.2008, 12:36

Hello Christian

are you able to send commands to your locos directly after you send a power on command?
Do you use a 4MHz xtal or internal Oscilator?
No, I build Nanox without Xtal. Try to remove it and upload on PIC the HEX file appropriate

Normally, after a power on command, I m able to start locos directly. Only sometimes, but in very few case, loco starts after receiving a function command.

I checked in an italian forum regardin Paco's project, and I find that communiction between NanoX and GenLi sometimes is difficult.
Problems were solved (in these cases) with:
changing MAX485 (or ST485 or SN75176)
or
re-programming PIC
or
re-build connection between MAX485 and PIC (eventually with wire)
or
checking all solders
or
(in 1 case) changing Xtal

Regards
Daniele

ron&bram

Post by ron&bram » 16.10.2008, 16:18

Christian,

I checked the xpressnet protocol.
There is not short circuit message defined for a short circuit on the main track. There is just a track power off message, that is evaluated by the lenz lib (I saw both the byte sequence and the lenz message in your trace files).
When you go into service mode (as lenz call programming mode) then there is a short circuit message when the power usage on the programming track is too high. This message is also evaluated by the lenz lib, but is only valid in programming mode.
As to power on/off at start, the initialisation routine in the lenz lib does:
- request interface version
- request command station version
- request power off
- request power on
and, in older revisions, but commented out in current version, reads the initial state of all sensors, which may also be the answer to your question why you no longer have problems with the current version.

Best regards,
Ronald

cwichmann

Post by cwichmann » 16.10.2008, 16:48

Hi Ronald,

i think i'll have to spend a couple of beer for you :beer:

I find it important that Rocgui displays the state of the track power properly. It works great with DDX so why not with lenz lib. Because of that i raised a tracker item at sourceforge: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.p ... tid=501346

ron&bram

Post by ron&bram » 16.10.2008, 16:54

Hi Christian,
think i'll have to spend a couple of beer for you
We could also say that this evens the score for your help at installing the Elite under Linux :wink:

Best regards,
Ronald

falcom

Paco's GenLi + NanoX-S88 in a new design

Post by falcom » 15.04.2012, 17:45

Hi,
I am a newbee in rail models but not in electronics. I found nanox-s88 and genli and I have reworked it a little bit. I produced a few pieces of them, more than I need. So if anyone has an interest in this type of station or only PCB please let me know on my email admin@falcom.sk. Thanks for any feedback.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Schweineschnäuzchen

Post by Schweineschnäuzchen » 18.05.2012, 13:23

Hello Falcom !

May i have a look at the schematics of the two pcbs, please ? I think, there are a few regulators missing, and the s88 option ist missing, too ?!

Greets
Andreas

falcom

Post by falcom » 18.05.2012, 17:22

Schweineschnäuzchen wrote:Hello Falcom !

May i have a look at the schematics of the two pcbs, please ? I think, there are a few regulators missing, and the s88 option ist missing, too ?!

Greets
Andreas
Hi Andreas,
attached you can find the schematics and layout for both devices. The nanox uses switching power supply and switching voltage regulators. I don't think that there is something missing. There are 5V, 12V and rail power supply regulators. And also S88 and XpressNet buses. Anyway I appreciate any your comments or improvements. Thanks in advance.
Br
Peter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Schweineschnäuzchen

Post by Schweineschnäuzchen » 20.05.2012, 09:40

Hi Peter !

Okay, it looks quite correct. I thought the devices for the switiching regulators would be for the booster. It looks really like a complete NanoX-S88 and a complete Genli-USB ...

I have a few qustions :
Is the optocoupler at L6203 used for railcom ?
How does the railcom-signal reach the PC ? Via Xpressnet ? Is that supported by Rocrail ?
Is the speed of xpressnet high enough to support all that additional data from Railcom ?
Questions over questions ... lol ...
Do you sell the pcbs ?

Best regards
Andreas

falcom

Post by falcom » 22.05.2012, 14:05

Hi Andreas,
you can find more info on this web site http://www.fucik.name/masinky/nanox_opt/
PC is reached via GenLi, i.e. XpressNet and USB.
I can sell also PCBs I have a few pieces. GenLI is for 2€ and NanoX for 5€ without shipment. Payment is possible via PayPal or bank account.
Br
Peter

Schweineschnäuzchen

Post by Schweineschnäuzchen » 22.05.2012, 17:14

Hi Peter !

Where are you from ? I'm from Germany. Do you know shippings costs from you to me, for one pcb of each kind ?

I looked at your homepage, but the zip you announced there is quite different to the zip you announced here - what is the actual version ?

Do you offer the pcbs shown in this thread, with the switching power-supply or is the offere regarding to the pcbs with linear power supply from your homepage ?

Does your NanoX-S88 support railcom ? I read, that it supports Lenz V3.6 ?
Is both (V3.6 and railcom) compatible with Rocrail ?

Best regards

Andreas

falcom

Post by falcom » 22.05.2012, 17:40

Hi Andreas,
the web page is not mine. I used it only as a base for my project. You can find the technical details there, the used CPU and software is the same. I can send you PCB according to the schemas I put here before. Unfortunately I can not answer your questions regarding the compatibility. Even if I could say yes.
I am from Slovakia, you can write me to falcom@zoznam.sk.
The shipment to Germany is from 1,60€ without registration to 2,90€ with registration. I assume the weight is not more than 100g.
Br
Peter

Schweineschnäuzchen

Post by Schweineschnäuzchen » 22.05.2012, 21:08

Hi Peter !

I'm interested in pcbs like those on the photos in this thread.

Why do you have no infos about the compatibility. Haven't you ever tested your pcbs with Rocrail ? I thought you have, cause of you're writing at this board ! ;-)

The shipment isn't as expensive as i thought - i like it !

Best regards
Andreas

falcom

Re: Paco's GenLi + NanoX-S88 and Rocrail

Post by falcom » 21.05.2017, 09:39

I would like to share a new design of the nanox-S88 and Genli USB in one box. If you are interested in, please let me know I have still a couple of free pieces.

Schweineschnäuzchen

Re: Paco's GenLi + NanoX-S88 and Rocrail

Post by Schweineschnäuzchen » 22.05.2017, 16:53

Hi Peter !

That looks very good to me, and if i ever will use a solution with GENLI, yours would be my choice.
But there's now one question left : ist it alavailable as a kit ? Including pcbs and casing ? Is the pcb avaiable completely finished and tested or is the pcb only availaible as pcb without any component soldered on it ? And what are the prices of your solutions ?

In the moment it isn't interesting to me, cause i buyed DIGIKEIJS DR5000 short time before ... sorry ... but i'm interested in any facts !

Best regards, Andreas

Return to “Lenz”