Feedback sensor problem

anam

Feedback sensor problem

Post by anam » 04.08.2015, 22:33

Hi all,

some problems with my sensors (current detector). The train (in automatic mode) enters in section linked to sensor and in Rocview the sensor changes its state from green to red. Sometimes (and not always the same sensor) when train leaves the section in RR sensor remains red.
Initially I thinked the problem was in phisical sensor. S88 bus is not the state of the art. So I checked the section phisically free but showed occupied in RR and it seems the phisical sensor works well (by the way, I use Paco's current detector sensor, S88 and NanoX-S88, DIY).
But today I noted this fact: as you can see in the attached screenshot, the power is OFF but 2 sensors (s522 and s535) are red, each one linked to a free section (when power changes from ON to OFF all sensors become green). It seems these 2 are like frozen. To 'defrost' them, I need to restart power (ON) and activate/deactivate phisical sensor (or, of course, close and restart RR). After that, Rocview is correctly updated and everythings works well.
Any idea?
Thanks in advance

Daniel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rjversluis
Site Admin

Re: Feedback sensor problem

Post by rjversluis » 05.08.2015, 07:23

Hi Daniel,

first of all you should update your Rocrail installation and test again:
http://rocrail.net/software/rocrail-snapshot/

anam

Post by anam » 05.08.2015, 07:37

Hi Rob,

I will do it asap and report.

Thanks

anam

Post by anam » 09.08.2015, 21:20

Hello again,

I updated my RR version but I'm sorry to say no news (see attached files).
Today the problem become after more then 2 hour of safe run in automatic mode (sensor involved is s525, only one). Sometimes after 3 minutes..... As I wrote in my previous post it is (apparently) absolutely random.
Thanks

daniel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

schnoesel124

Post by schnoesel124 » 18.09.2015, 18:00

Hi Daniel

I have the same problem. Until reading your thread I really thought it was those :evil: s88 current detectors. Actually I was looking for a possibility to reset them automatically after the train having left the block.

But I am very interested in what the solution here will be?

Best regards

smitt48

Post by smitt48 » 18.09.2015, 21:35

Hi,

The chance that your problem is identical is pretty remote.
Why don't you hang your data on and explain what is going on.

Thanks Tom

mith

Post by mith » 19.09.2015, 13:21

Hello ,

there are some days when I watch the same behavior with the one or other S88 sensor, comming up sometime and not reproduceable.

First of all You don´t need to stop RR or recycle power or similar. Simply right click on the sensor in RocView and reset its state to green.
As soon as this reset is done, the block is free and the normal auto mode is going on.

I did not yet report this issue here, since I do not suppose a problem in RR. S88 signals may even been "overseen" by Your CS, what will lead into RR not beeing informed of the state change. I did not search my log files yet to find out more info about this. I simply reset the sensor after a "personal view" onto the track. It is not often necessary.

Testing the sensor by manually activating / deactivating always shows the changes. And the next train that comes the sensors way after the reset, always activates / deactivates the sensor as expected.

From my point of view there are several possibilities for this behavior and therefor its not easy to find or reproduce.

Best regards

Michael

rjversluis
Site Admin

Post by rjversluis » 19.09.2015, 17:00

S88 remains also in the 21st century unpredictable.
It could also be the Command Station in question which missed an event.
In Rocrail I can do nothing about the hick-outs of your system.

Return to “Lenz”