Problem with running Schedule - Solved & Closed !!

Re: Problem with running Schedule

Postby itzikt1 » 29.12.2017, 11:53

Hi Brend
Thank's for joining - as I thought - Didn't find yet the problem ! - still working and hope to find it at the end

Itzik
Regards,
Itzik Teboul
Tel-Mond, Israel

Tracks: HO Marklin C-track
Com.Center: Uhelnbrock IB-Com
Feedbacks: Loconet - Uhelnbrock 63330
O.S.: Win 7 (x64)
itzikt1

Postby itzikt1 » 30.12.2017, 16:55

Hi all (Claus/Peter/Brend) !
As I Promised - Just finish to check entire layout
1. check all layout electricity
2. check all feedback's and isolated track's
3. check all feeder's
4. check entire definition of blocks / routes / sensor in Rocrail

retest and.....unfortunately the same problem "Ghost in BK07...."

any suggestion ?
Regards,
Itzik Teboul
Tel-Mond, Israel

itzikt1

Postby cds » 30.12.2017, 18:15

Hello Itzik!

Claus - you are probably right ! when the train reach BK07 (enter) there are still some cars (axles) on BK05 - Thanks - will do some change in layout and check again !
Did you check this? If it is a reasonable effort I would give it a try.
I know it is against RR concept but I had this problem last year as well. After I've moved one sensor physically I never had this problem again.
Beste Grüße/Kind regards
Claus

M* H0 M
HW: TAMS MC, B-2 & B-4, WD-34, VIESSMANN 5211(1), LITTFINSKY & TAMS S88-3
Decoder: Mä & TAMS (MM2)
SW: Win7 64, RR 64, andRoc
cds

Postby itzikt1 » 12.01.2018, 15:08

Hi All (inc. Peter /Claus) !
As I promise - after investigating and some experiences - Finally found the problems (Electric and Rocrail block configuration) - Thank's to all for help - schedule now run smoothly !

few words about the solved problems that can help others -
1. My first problem -Electric - Isolated track - I founded that some of tracks was not isolated correctly.
In Marklin C-track (3 rails) - if using uhelnbrock 63330 - feedback module, isolation can be done using Masse
(isolated one rail, not the center rail !)
- at the beginning, I tried to isolate using marklin small plastic isolator (74030) - unfortunately after trying this method I realize that it
doesn't work perfectly as I wan't and I decide to isolate using DIY track change (some people will call it "Track Reforming ...") and not
using the marklin special tracks (expensive!)
a. The first step is to take the track that intend to be isolated - remember to take a track that is long enough to prevent a state
that when locomotive will traverse the track , it will activate the feedback twice - first with the front wheels and second with
the rear wheels !! (in Marklin C-Tracks - could be curve 24130/24230 or straight 24172/24188)
b. Cut with a fine cutter tool the Bridge between the 2 rails - enclose 2 pictures that describe how to do that (picture worth 1000 words !)
Pic-01 display the track before the change and Pic-02 after the change
c. connect the isolated track to the layout and leave gaps between tracks (Both side),
fix the tracks to baseboard with screw track to prevent movement of isolated track - Pic-03 Display the desire result
d. make a double check when tracks are mounted end check with multi-meter that one side of tracks is correctly isolated
e. That's all folks !! - now you have a mounted isolated track in your layout that need to be connected to your feedback module

(*) enclosed Pic-01/Pic-02/Pic-03
pic-01.png

pic-02.png

pic-03.png

2. The Second Problem - Rocrail block configuration
Block length was configured including the 2 isolated tracks (begining / end block) - so the configure block was longer then the actual layout
block - an example can illustrate it:
your actual block contain a total of 5 tracks (Marklin straight 24172 - 177 mm each track length) ==> Total Block lenght: 5x177 = 885 mm
- 2 isolated tracks (first/last) ===> 2x177 = 354 mm
- 3 regular tracks (between the first and last) ===> 3x177 = 531 mm
when configure in rocrail the Block length - you should put the total length only of the tracks between the the isolated e.g: 531 mm
and not 885 mm !! (531 mm + 354 mm)

as mention at the top of this post - both problems was fixed and now schedule run smoothly !

Itzik.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Itzik Teboul
Tel-Mond, Israel

itzikt1

Postby cds » 12.01.2018, 18:09

Hello Itzik!

Congratulations and have fun with RR! It's an extraordinary piece of SW.

May we ask you to mark your thread as "Closed" or similar? Just click in your first post on the icon "Change" and edit the subject.
Thank you!
Beste Grüße/Kind regards
Claus

M* H0 M
HW: TAMS MC, B-2 & B-4, WD-34, VIESSMANN 5211(1), LITTFINSKY & TAMS S88-3
Decoder: Mä & TAMS (MM2)
SW: Win7 64, RR 64, andRoc
cds

Postby itzikt1 » 13.01.2018, 09:10

no problem at all, I'm closing it now

Itzik